Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Visitor Visa for the USA….three months max?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Are visitor visas for the USA still limited to three months?

tails
    Free Member

think it’s six though i could well be wrong, if you travel there frequently worth gettng a proper visa to avoid the on plane form

metalheart
    Free Member

dont forget you now need to apply online before you travel to the US now too.

see here

no app, no getting in!

twosheds
    Free Member

You dont need a tourist visa before traveling to the states. You get the forms on the plane to fill in. You then stand in a massive line to have some Goon from Homeland Security ask dumb ass questions. Once you are through all that pap its ok. Most yanks Ive talked to about it think its pathetic too.

andym
    Free Member

90 days max under the Visa Waiver Programme – anything more and you need a visitor visa.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

And twosheds – the rules have changed as metalheart has pointed out.

twosheds
    Free Member

The rules hadnt changed in october last year. Am going again in easter – bet you a £10 we just fill the forms in on the plane.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ll take that £10 bet.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gcLiOQ8j9l1mZNCeSe5m0PUXpJHgD95LQ0MG0

I hear that Homeland Security interview rooms are very comfortable.

NZCol

Yep you have to apply online t’otherwise you don’t get on the plane any more.

metalheart
    Free Member

2sheds – did you even look at the link?

Says from Jan 12th.

Surprisingly i didn’t need to do this when I travelled in the summer…

duh…

and yeah, I’ll take your bet.

my (albeit shaky) understanding is that if you turn up at customs without it they can/will send you back! Great start to any holiday dontcha think?

UncleFred
    Free Member

Some airline are asking for proof that you have completed the ESTA before travelling, it’s the airline that has to cover the cost of sending you back.

If you didn’t print the confirmation the first time you applied, you can reapply and print it again.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Trailfinders said I had to complete the ESTA form at least a couple of weeks before travelling.

Planning a coast to coast ride. I was going to soak up the views and contryside, seems I’ll have to my skates on.

andym
    Free Member

The rules hadnt changed in october last year. Am going again in easter – bet you a £10 we just fill the forms in on the plane.

Idiot.

Muke
    Free Member

dont forget you now need to apply online before you travel to the US now too

Its true you know my wife has just done her online application.

Good tip Metalheart. Didn’t know that, and I usually travel to US a couple of times per year.

Last trip I was subjected to Homeland Security questioning as I had a page missing out of my passport. The ironic thing was the Homeland Security dude only noticed I had a page missing after he’d aggressively shaken the green immigration form out of my passport and made another page fall out, then when he went to put it back he noticed a page was already missing.

showerman
    Free Member

we love are friends accross the pond.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I got questioned in December, had to wait 90 minutes in a glass room. The Reason – I’d been to the US too many times last year. 4 times in total and one of those I was in Transit.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Visitor Visa for the USA….three months max?’ is closed to new replies.