Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Visit to the Olympic village
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m currently in London for a couple of days with work and am contemplating hiring a bike to have a ride over to the olympic village. Just wondering if it’s worth while or is there not much too see without tickets or a pass.
    If not is there anything worth seeing anywhere else. It would probably be tonight.
    Thanks
    Andy

scottishbadger
    Free Member

You won’t be able to get into the Park itself, but you will be able to view the park from the Westfield shopping centre – they’ve got a viewing area there.

It’s worth going to take a nose at the new venues, even from a mahoosive shopping centre.

mcboo
    Free Member

Worth p[opping upstairs to the Olympic shop in Westfield. Fantastic views, they have guides in there pointing everything out.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Thanks. Don’t expect to see much but I never come to London do Ill try and make the most of it whilst I’m here. Will there be places to leave those pay as you hire bikes?
    Andy

geoffj

Will there be places to leave those pay as you hire bikes?

Doesn’t look like there are any hire places, but you could just chain it up? Personally I’d take public transport.

phil.w
    Free Member

Not even close as Barclay’s sponsor the bikes and Lloyds are sponsoring the Olympics. 🙄

loum
    Free Member

Depending on where you’re coming from, I reckon a public transport and a Thames cable car trip could be the best bet.

stumpy01

I thought u could pay for a pass into the village & just have a mooch around? Do you have to buy in advance?

andysredmini
    Free Member

Just had a look for a day pass but my Internet signal is rubbish so I’m not sure.
    I might just have a ride over and take a chance.
    Andy

TheWrongTrousers

Yes, you need a ticket to get into the Olympic Park, and guess what; they’re all sold out. All except those that aren’t sold out and are impossible to buy.

Personally, having worked there for 9 months, I wouldn’t bother. It’s not very spectacular, in fact its not even particularly interesting.

grantway
    Free Member

Nope none to hire around Stratford.

Here is a map on where to hire a Boris Bike

Barclays Bikes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Visit to the Olympic village’ is closed to new replies.