Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Virtual reality headsets.
  • zippykona

I know I want one but have no idea what they do or how you use them.
    Don’t play games can you watch trippy videos? I’d liked to fly off a cliff and dive through the sea.
    Can they do that? What’s a good one?
    I’d also like to do a lap of the TT course.

DezB
    Free Member

Only ever seen that Samsung thing, which is like a dock for the Samsung phone – very impressive – though I think the videos/games for it are quite pricy. My brother got it in Dubai – he had some games (a Super Mario type thing I had a go at) and the dinosaur thing, which isn t a game (don’t think so anyway) but like an experience designed to make the most of the 3d. All good, but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.

zippykona

So can you just watch videos off you tube?
    I’ve got a Samsung phone so should be ok.
    Mrs Zip watches people cooking diner or buying a house in the evenings.
    Diving the barrier reef would be a good thing to pretend I’m doing rather than shouting at the telly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had a go with an occulus rift, freaky thing really immersive for the right game. A friend has one and reckoned it could trigger his vertigo.

DezB
    Free Member

I doubt anything but specially formatted stuff for the 3d app would actually display correctly.

DezB
    Free Member

Just seen on Amazon that the Samsung Gear is only £59 now!

I don’t think it is ‘meh’ in the same way as a 3D TV, as mikewsmith says, it’s much more immersive – the 3D is very good, rather than TV stuff which is frankly rubbish! Problem with it is going round with a large pair of goggles over your face…

zippykona

Doesn’t work with ye olde Galaxy S4.
    Is there similar that would?

enfht
    Free Member

VRGirlz.

No need to thank me.

scuzz
    Free Member

Got a Vive. Excellent with the room-scale VR, potentially loads of uses for the handheld controllers (full 9DOF tracking + 3 buttons + touchpad). Loads of games making good use of it. Brilliant experience.

Not worth the money if you’re after a casual experience or just want to see what it’s all about.

GeForceJunky

I also have a Vive. It’s incredible and I certainly do not see them disappearing. Try one if you get the chance, they are levels ahead of the crappy GearVR.

badllama
    Free Member

My brother lectures in Computer Games Design and so I get to play with alot of this kit when I visit 8)

HTC Vive is **** awesome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Virtual reality headsets.’ is closed to new replies.