• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Virgin v Sky TV
  • nim

Hi all,

I've come around to taking the plunge and going for Virgin or Sky TV. Basically want a bit more choice, recording facilities and to be able to watch the footy. I've looked at both but am more interested to know of experienes any of you may have had in dealing with them.

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks, Nim

BigJohn

Virgin is excellent. I'm in Stafford (used to be NTL) and have broadband phone & TV. Very fast BB and they're super efficient.

nim

Cheers for that – what speed BB did you go for (if you don't mind me being so nosey!).

snakebite
    Free Member

I chose sky, purely based on my footy obsession and availability. HD is great too. Virgin didnt cover my area at the time so I dint really look at them so cant comment. Sky service is excellent and tbh, they are all pretty competitive at the momeent.

scruff
    Free Member

The Virgin help menu is for retards. You tell it to do something then it asks if you really really want to do this. Annoying.
    Use of cable is top quality though, broadband very fast, TV reception seems better than Pikey dishes.

jon1973
    Free Member

+1 for Virgin Media. Good all round package.

Beats Sky imo with all the on-demand content, HD content is growing rapidly.

BigJohn

I just have the minimum 10mb that seems pretty nippy.

cp

virgin broadband is excellent – GF has the basic 10Mb deal, but reliably very quick.. on demand is superb too, virtually no need for a recorder, though the V+ box does that if you want it to.

phone support experience has been varied, but if anything needs doing, the people who come out are excellent.

bro in law cut through cable to house whilst gardening, they came and fixed for free a day later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Virgin v Sky TV’ is closed to new replies.