• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • virgin boxs and what to do with them….
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

so i have a v+ box, i bought it from virgin media, they agree it is mine as i bought it outside of contract as they had excess stock…

however you cant use it unless you get it paired to your viewing card, which you can only do, it seems, if you ring virgin, and they say no.

which i suppose is fair enough (wish they had told me before i bought it though….)

they dont want it back, but what can i do with it?

is it an expensive paperweight, or can i nick bits out of it and flog them (the hd etc), or fiddle with it and make a freeview box….

no this is not a cynical stealth advert, i've already sold it once and it didnt work!

anyone?

firestarter
    Free Member

oh that type of virgin box 🙁

ton

dustbin

timdrayton
    Free Member

genius

uplink
    Free Member

Bang it on Ebay
    if it's a HD box you'll get about £70 for it

other than that, you'll get a few free to air channels on it

jon1973
    Free Member

if it's a HD box you'll get about £70 for it

Is there a demand for 2nd hand V+ boxes? They're rented normally, so Virgin just repair or replace faulty ones, so I can't imagine why someone would want one, especially if it's unless without a Virgin Media viewing card.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i smash em! 😯

meehaja
    Free Member

ebay take them down as apperently you don't own them virgin do (though not so in your case). I've been tempted ot post my three to virgin without stamps, but the man at the postoffice said i wasn't allowed to do it delibretly and didn't understand my general hatred of virgin media. maybe gumtree? You can sell anything on there!

uplink
    Free Member
    ton

dustbin, trust me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘virgin boxs and what to do with them….’ is closed to new replies.