• This topic has 64 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by timc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Violence is not always the answer
  • dogbert
    Free Member

But then again, if you’ve had a bike nicked, you’ll have felt like doing this:

[video]http://vimeo.com/6475675[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, cos three on to one is soooo big and macho and hard…

That, and assaulting someone is a lot worse than petty theft. If you’re he kind of person who has such little respect for the Law that you’re willing to break it yourself, then you’re in no place to cast moral judgement over someone what has stolen something really.

Plus we have no idea of what the real story is; is that the actual thief, or did he buy a stolen bike in good faith, or what? Not a lot of info really is there?

And those 3 blokes doing the kicking; bankers. Can’t even punch propply or owt. I’d have the three of ’em no trouble. Plenty of stuff lying about to ‘defend yourself’ with….

timc
    Free Member

I guess i can do this to Don Simon for stealing music then?

iDave
    Free Member

SbZ better watch out for PhDs and Professors…

ourmaninthenorth

So, three people have filmed themselves kicking the s–t out of someone and we’re expected to applaud them.

No thanks. I’d rather live in a civilised society.

honourablegeorge

I’d sooner watch three people being kicked and punched for their repeated use of the word “Bro”

jedi

set up

highclimber
    Free Member

why did they feel the need to assault him, why didn’t they detain him and call the police?

C0cks

donsimon
    Free Member

I guess i can do this to Don Simon for stealing music then?

Bring it on sweet lips… I think I’m still waiting for you to prove I’ve done something illegal. What law was broken?
    You’re starting bore the tits off me.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Perfectly acceptably except for hitting him when he was down.

LHS
    Free Member

But then again, if you’ve had a bike nicked, you’ll have felt like doing this:

Not really.

soobalias
    Free Member

cant see the video from here, but interested to hear about the music theft by DS, is this just typical common or garden copyright theft or did he break into your house and nick your vinyl?

mu3266
    Free Member

While I’d not advocate a 3 on 1 to get the point across, I’ve previously gone postal on two lads who tried to disappear with my bike. I gave them a well deserved shoeing in my opinion and those calling for the police to be called, around here the bike would be gone before the police would even have their engines ticking over.

deluded
    Free Member

On the face of it that’s sickening. Totally unnecessary. The force used is unjustifiable. The supposed thief may have had mental health issues or be otherwise vulnerable as per Elf’s observations. At no stage does he offer violence, in fact he is passive and yielding. His alleged actions aside – those two thug doughnuts need locking up themselves.

“Street justice” reminds me how close we can be to the jungle.

yunki
    Free Member

those two thug doughnuts need locking up a damned good shoeing.

FTFY

donsimon
    Free Member

cant see the video from here, but interested to hear about the music theft by DS, is this just typical common or garden copyright theft or did he break into your house and nick your vinyl?

He’s got a titty lip because I said that record companies take too big a slice of the cost of buying music and in a previous thread I’d said I download. Timc, it would appear, works for a record company.
    Bless. He then tried to tell me that monopolistic companies work to similar economic models as the free market and that record companies are about to start a bullying campaign on Spotify to remove what freedom there is for the consumer.

And for the video, a bit excessive on the violence front, there are other situations where violence is acceptable.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I sympathise with anyone angry at what amounts to theft that seems to go unpunished.

That goes for bike thieves and record companies who gotten too used to charging £13 for a CD that cost £1 to produce.

meehaja
    Free Member

Don Simon, you shoud be a more upstanding web citizen like me, I don’t steal music, I borrow it. If anyone wants it back, just ask!

crikey
    Free Member

I’m struggling to see the problem tbh, he got a little bit of pushing and shoving and fell over. I’ve done far worse and I’m a soft get. He got off extremely lightly compared to what I’d have done if he tried pinching my bike.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m still not sure of which law is the law that timc belives I have broken, my Russian isn’t that good.

seosamh77
    Free Member

They should be glad they came across some feeble wee guy without an ounce of fight in him, half the nutters I grew up with would have bounced the 3 of them about the streets.

3 on 1 they could easily have detained him with minimal violence and phoned the police if they caught him in the act. No need for that kinda behavior. It’s only a material possession.. A c**t if it gets nicked but it’s not the end of the world.

Keef
    Free Member

some scumbag climbed over a locked gate into my garden,nicked my son’s BMX that he’d saved for for over a year.
    We called the cops,they turned up a week later,said ‘yeah we know who he is,he does loads round here’ couldn’t do F all though.I now now who he is and where he lives,still he’s a smack head,so that makes it all right in todays lawless GB then ?

If the cops can’t do any thing,who can ?

oh,maybe he’s got mental health issues ? or had a smack off his mom when he was a kid,or some such lilly livered do-good crap,TBH,I don’t give a toss what his ‘reason’ or excuse is.

Bomber time is coming.

project
    Free Member

anyone notice the 2 bikes on the sheffield stand one has a seriously buckled wheel,and whats with him wearing a girlie helmet.

He obviously hads not taste.

bigbloke
    Free Member

That was ridiculously funny. Yo Bro….jesus.

Loving the Ninja moves of one of the Judge’s, sorry meant aggreived parties.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bigbloke – Member

Loving the Ninja moves of one of the Judge’s, sorry meant aggreived parties.Aye he should realise that proper nutters don’t know any funky marshall arts blocking stances! If you can’t block a punch with yer face you’ve no business thinking yourself a hardman! :mrgreen:

derekrides
    Free Member

doesn’t look real to me..

One if he’d really tried to nick the bikes he’d just leg it.

Two, who the hell films shit like that, instead of getting stuck in themselves.

The main attacker doesn’t exactly stick it, when clearly he looks as if he could..

Then the perp walks into a store?

Sorry, not real.

duckman

Fake; when I used to know people who went stealing carried a chib as an exit strategy.

matt_outandabout

If he stole the bike and there is three of you, why not pin him down and wait for the police to arrive?

coogan
    Free Member

If it is real. It’s pretty horrible. No one wants a bike nicked, but three blokes kicking the crap out of him is pretty disgusting.

terrahawk
    Free Member

it didn’t look like excessive violence to me. A couple of slaps and a high kick, but not that bad really.

‘kicking the crap out of him’ ? Don’t be silly.

coogan
    Free Member

I’m not being ‘silly’, I found it pretty disgusting to watch.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

it didn’t look like excessive violence to me. A couple of slaps and a high kick, but not that bad really.

Granted, those three blokes are hardly Chuck Norris, but it’s still proper nasty and the bloke loos like he’s proper scared, so bang out of order.

If it is real

Hmm. Be an odd thing to stage, woon’t it? It is a pretty pathetic ‘attack’ mind, so you could be right.

Bomber time is coming.

What if, right, you go round there, and even though the bloke’s a complete wimp, he gets proper scared and arms himself with a knife, lashes out in terror, slashes your jugular?

There you are, bleeding to death, over a bike.

Never underestimate anyone. Speshly someone who’s proper scared. Anyone who does not in any way know this, does not in any way know owt about proper violence.

terrahawk
    Free Member

maybe you did, but nobody had the crap kicked out of them.

Oxboy
    Free Member

That’ll learn him 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

….. nobody had the crap kicked out of them.

I would tend to agree with that.

I’ve had worse than that off my mates sister when we were kids !!!!

coogan
    Free Member

I really couldn’t care what you think. I think he did, that was I was saying.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve had worse than that off my mates sister when we were kids !!!!

You still fancied her though din’t you?

Dirty little bastid… 😡

timc
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    He’s got a titty lip

As if 🙄

don simon – Member
    I said that record companies take too big a slice of the cost of buying music

yet you don’t even know what that ‘slice’ is, how it comes about, the various deals that determine the ‘slice’, you have no info, just a general statement, back your argument up with some examples at least.

don simon – Member
    in a previous thread I’d said I download.

you implied you take it for free & avoid paying for it at all costs.

don simon – Member
    He then tried to tell me that monopolistic companies work to similar economic models as the free market

Did I? what i know is you don’t have to be signed to one of these ‘monopolistic companies’ to have a successful career in music, again, you draw this conclusion because you actually don’t know what your talking about.

don simon – Member
    and that record companies are about to start a bullying campaign on Spotify to remove what freedom there is for the consumer.

No I did not, you have drawn your own conclusion, yet again based on a real lack of knowledge on how the music industry works.

Answer me this Don Simon. If someone makes a piece of music that people want to listen to, enjoy, own, why should they not receive payment for their creation if they chose not to give it away for free??

timc
    Free Member

soobalias – Member

The normal copyright, except Dull Simon is to pathetic to admit its stealing, so we end up on this merry go round

seosamh77
    Free Member

timc – Member
    Answer me this Don Simon. If someone makes a piece of music that people want to listen to, enjoy, own, why should they not receive payment for their creation if they chose not to give it away for free??

Cause I wouldn’t buy it otherwise. It’s not lost revenue to the record companies. Same with films if they weren’t on the interweb, I’d probably see an awful lot less films.

ps I also have a itunes account and a lovefilm account, go to gigs and the cinema..so my pound of flesh is still given.

The view that every illegal download is lost revenue is wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Violence is not always the answer’ is closed to new replies.