Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • vinyl storage
  • swiss01
    Free Member

finally been persuaded that space must be made and some of my vinyl needs to go into the loft. any suggestions re the best boxes to keep them in?

Milkie
    Free Member

Store vertically, do not put anything on top of them. Ideally you don’t want the place to be hotter than 21°C and 60% humidity.. Apparently.

I use these to store some records in., that don’t fit in my deck stand.

I would probably wrap them in clingfilm to keep the dust away. Personally I would not store them in a loft, they are to be kept with the decks. Put yer foot down. 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

plyphon
    Free Member

AS said, vertically and make sure the opening isn’t facing upwards as dust can fall it. I’d also drap a cloth/something over the top to catch the damp.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80208652/

My loft is full of this stuff. Vinyl lives in here vertically one of the units available is the perfect height to have the turntables set up on too!

howarthp
    DezB
    Free Member

Hope they aren’t the same as the Really Useful boxes I borrowed for mine to move house – they held too many records so were too heavy and the lids didn’t fit over the records. Those may well be a different size, but I’d measure up before buying.

Anyway, if you’re shoving them in your loft, you have no intention of playing them again, so just get rid.

DrJ

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Whenever we’ve moved house and had to cart records from one place to another I’ve used the boxes that spirits get delivered in. The 6 bottle size for whisky, vodka etc are the perfect size, hold just enough records to be a manageable weight and they are plenty strong enough. Ask at your local pub, club, supermarket and get them for free. I’ve not seen anything available to buy that is any better.

swiss01
    Free Member

advice taken. i have seen thru her cunning plan. she thinks if they’re in the loft i’ll forget about them…

but, if i was to go ahead and just bin them how long would it be before i forgot/regretted it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘vinyl storage’ is closed to new replies.