Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Vintagewatchtrackworld and ebay issues
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I got a (cosmetically) nice Seiko diver (7002) on ebay recently, it loses a minute a day and the bezel fell off – and is now lost. Buyer claims I broke the bezel, and that one minute a day is within tolerance for a recently serviced watch.

Who is right?

unovolo
    Free Member

The bezel should not just ‘fall off’ if properly fitted and would take quite a knock to make it come off accidentally,was it fitted properly in the first place?

Regards time keeping I assume its a automatic (as there are quartz variations about) depends whether its fully wound a lot of Seiko movements cannot be hand wound so need a good shake to get some energy stored up in the spring.
    My Seiko 5 can take a day of normal wear to power it up properly,after that I adjust the time again and then its normally good,this is all from a totally wound down state.

Did they supply proof of servicing i.e.receipt or timing slip.

robob
    Free Member

try laying it crown down overnight.

unknown
    Free Member

Either way I’d say that as you can’t return it complete you’re stuffed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

it’s an auto and has been worn for several days and still running slow.

The bezel felt a little loose, but not having had one before, I did not know if that was right or wrong. I can see why the seller is annoyed – he has nothing to go on other than my word, it’s just irritating when folk ignore you.

I think I’ll escalate it and see what happens.

warton
    Free Member

When did you buy it, when did the bezel fall off?

PePPeR

My Seiko automatic hadn’t been used for 10 years I got out and working again and it’s been running perfectly since I got it fully charged.

What colour bezel did you get?

Mines a Pepsi

Good luck getting it sorted.

AlasdairMc

My Seiko diver gains about a minute a day, but was never serviced. I consider that particularly bad, but then it was an eBay bargain and it refuses to die so I can’t really complain

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bezel fell off maybe 3 weeks after purchase.

I had removed it while inserting a click ball, all in line with std watchseek (?) forum methods.

warton
    Free Member

In that case I don’t think you’ve got an argument. As soon as you say you removed the bezel, and it fell off after that, ebay will side with the seller. Rightly so IMO.

MrSmith
    Free Member

You fiddled with it. Bezels are cheap enough though so maybe suck it up and buy a nice new one.

Seiko movements cannot be hand wound

My mid size 4205 diver can be hand wound.

CHB

You modified it and didnt reassemble properly (or notice existing damage when faffing).
    You faff, you break, you own!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye I can see that point, it didn’t feel particularly secure from the word go though.

Is the time-keeping a reasonable complaint?

Where can I get a new bezel? I don’t see any on ebay.

unovolo
    Free Member

I take it you were using the ball point pen nib method, how much resistance is there when turning the bezel does it feel quite firm or loose still ,if loose it may be worth removing the bezel checking everything is clean and in place then refitting.
    When I replaced mine there was a definite click when it was seated properly.

Seiko movements cannot be handwound

Note i said not all ,the 7S26 cannot be for example and that is probably one of the most common movements they use.
    Back on topic you might be best buying a case with a knackered movement in for spares such as the bezel.
    And regards the timekeeping you can try regulating it yourself but you will only need the tiniest of adjustments to make a difference.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fuel for teh haterz…I raised a case and won it.

EDIT – this is bizarre, I asked for a partial refund, they have refunded me fully but not asked that I return the item!

Odd…as I’ve got a mostly functioning watch, I’ll partially refunf the refund I think.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Do the right thing and return the watch and move on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Return it with a part missing?

You have read the thread, yes?

jam-bo

do you think on some watch forum there is an Ebay Customer of the day pt 657 thread…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I certainly hope so

:mrgreen:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Vintagewatchtrackworld and ebay issues’ is closed to new replies.