Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vintage bike
  • clodhopper
    Free Member

£650? 😯

£50 maybe, as an interesting bit of memorabilia. Not as a bicycle; chances are it’ll be a bit worn out, and although you could probably fix it up fairly easily, it’ll be a lot of work and it’ll only ever be a very heavy, slow inefficient bike. It’s advertised as being in ‘very good condition’, which it clearly isn’t. It’s been neglected and ignored for decades.

I see a lot of bikes like this being offered for large sums; truth is there’s loads of them out there, not many are al that rare, and anyway even rare vintage bikes of that sort of age aren’t very ‘valuable’ economically. I’ve seen pristine 60s/70s Colnago racers go for just £200-300, and even ones formerly raced in the TdF don’t go for huge sums. £650 is just ridiculous.

fasthaggis

Phah,gun not included,am oot.

mountainman

An example of chancers really ,as said worth only 50 euro only .

Mind the gun would be usefull against trail blockers ,shame not included in sale.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’d say (as a 1940’s re-enactor) that its easily worth £150-£200 in that condition.

clodhopper
    Free Member

Really? Find me proof of that, and I can probably source quite a few bikes!

I very much doubt it though. I’ve known folk who’ve bought such things off Ebay etc for £20-30. Or been given them for nothing.

epicyclo

It’s a grey porridge bike that has passed through the alimentary system. Just needs a polish… 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vintage bike’ is closed to new replies.