Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Vince quits….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cable's quit as deputy leader of the Lib Dems.

Crikey.

.duncan
    Free Member

Oh.

theflatboy
    Free Member

as deputy lib dem leader, though, not his cabinet role…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

As Deputy Leader of the Lib Dems. Still Business Secretary for the Lib Cons though.

adam5555

not from the cabinet. not really that exciting.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not really worth a post really.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Cable's quit as deputy leader of the Lib Dems….

….to concentrate on his job as business secretary.

allthepies
    Free Member

In other news, I cut my fingernails yesterday.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One hopes so, hilldodger, one hopes so! Just wonder if there may be more to it than that, though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just wonder if there may be more to it than that, though.

Like what? Man quits less important job to focus on more important job shocker?

LeeW

allthepies – Member
    In other news, I cut my fingernails yesterday.

Ooo, with clippers or scissors?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Just wonder if there may be more to it than that, though.

There's always more to it 😕
    but let's face it – deputy leader of the party that calls DC 'Boss' rather than 'Dave' is hardly big bananas is it….

allthepies
    Free Member

clippers 🙂

kimbers

i believe the correct term is con-dems

Jamie
    Free Member

i believe the correct term is con-dems

You want to copywrite that and quick!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And there I was rolling my sleeves up for fisticuffs avec flashy. Have the bloggers been getting excited this evening? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You want to copywriteright that and quick!

There, fixed that for ya 🙄

CountZero

Think I'll have my supper in a minute.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You think you'll keep it down CZ, what with all the excitement 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Man quits less important job to focus on more important job shocker?

I somehow doubt that LibDem deputy leader is a very time consuming job. But if it was concerns about 'workloads' which triggered this, then it's just as well he didn't get the really important job he was after – responsibility for reforming the banks.

Of course it would confirm that Nick Clegg's job as Deputy Prime Minister must be really unimportant – if he can still carry out the rather important job of LibDem party leader.

💡 Maybe Vince Cable has reigned as LibDem deputy because he is so clearly at odds with LibDem party policy ?

And just to remind ourselves what LibDem party policy on the economy is,
    from the 2010 Liberal Democrat Manifesto :

"We must ensure the timing is right. If spending is cut too soon, it would undermine the much-needed recovery and cost jobs. We will base the timing of cuts on an objective assessment of economic conditions, not political dogma. Our working assumption is that the economy will be in a stable enough condition to bear cuts from the beginning of 2011–12."

aracer
    Free Member

"We must ensure the timing is right. If spending is cut too soon, it would undermine the much-needed recovery and cost jobs. We will base the timing of cuts on an objective assessment of economic conditions, not political dogma. Our working assumption is that the economy will be in a stable enough condition to bear cuts from the beginning of 2011–12."

Fixed that for you, ernie.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"Our working assumption is that the economy will be in a stable enough condition to bear cuts from the beginning of 2011–12"

Ah, so Vince Cable thinks the economy is stable enough to bear cuts right now ?

He now believes the economy is in better shape than he had previously thought ?

Well that's certainly not what he's been saying recently.

Is that line, that the economy is in better shape than they had previously thought, now official LibDem policy ?

votchy
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be about the singer in Motley Crue with Flashys penchant for hair metal 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Vince quits….’ is closed to new replies.