Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Vince Cable – New LD leader
  • convert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40662737

Personally quite pleased. I know for many being an active part of the coalition he’s persona non grata but I’ve always had a bit of time for him. He’s not given up the Brexit fight too which as a Liberal Democrat is the way is should be.

Don’t fancy the job mind.

seosamh77
    Free Member

The lib dems have clearly chucked it! 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

I wonder what he thinks of the new retirement age?

andrewh
    Free Member

Leader? Does this mean that they now have a follower too? 🙂
    I do like the phrase

He’s not given up the Brexit fight too

, it sounds so much more positive than ‘He’s refusing to accept the result’

seosamh77
    Free Member

I see his slogan is “we need an exit from brexit”. Our politics is really just run by a cabal of shit marketing companies, innit?

zippykona

How about
    Piss off the incontinent
    Remain with the Continent
    Or
    Annoy the stupid inward,backward thinking retards
    Take to the street with pro EU placards.
    Or
    Look at your skin,look at the map
    You are a European ,my dear chap.
    How do I get my money?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

we need an exit from brexit

It’s a hello of a lot more catchy then “Brexit means Brexit….”

😆

scotroutes
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How old?

The LDs really must have given hope of power again…,

Cougar

, it sounds so much more positive than ‘He’s refusing to accept the result’

He’s refusing to agree with the result. You do know that politics doesn’t just stop after a vote, yes?

cranberry
    Free Member

Don’t be a dummy
    Be a smarty
    Come and join
    The anti-democratic party!

Now holding a meeting in a phone box near you.

Cougar

What’s anti-democratic about the LDs, what do you mean?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😯

cranberry
    Free Member

You mean apart from their desperate and futile attempt to ignore the result of the biggest vote in the country’s history ?

oldnpastit

You mean apart from their desperate and futile attempt to ignore the result of the biggest vote in the country’s history ?

Hmmm, possibly confused about how democracy works.

ratherbeintobago

Aye. Last I checked democracy didn’t end on 23 Jun last year.

bikebouy
    Free Member

cranberry – Member

Yergonnaneedtotryharder.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Don’t be a dummy
    Be a smarty
    Come and join
    The anti-democratic party!

What’s anti-demcocratic about disagreeing with the result of any given vote?

You clearly, I assume, disagree with referendum result of 1975?…..

Whose the undemocratic one now??

tjagain

Cable is a busted flush after his sell off of the post office – no one will believe a word he ever says again.

Cougar

Totally how democracy works. That’s why the Whigs are still in power.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No more of a busted flush than all the other politicians who’ve gone back on a promise….

Those that haven’t are like hens teeth..

Little bit of perspective TJ..

cranberry
    Free Member

Yes, and I was too young to poop on my own vote at that time.

I do heartily look forward to the referendum of 2057.

Cougar

Yes[/quote]

That’s very anti-democratic of you.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I do heartily look forward to the referendum of 2057.

Which if doesn’t go your way you’ll happily & quietly accept?

tjagain

mrlebowski

Nope – worst than most because the lib dems were all supposed to be about integrity and honesty – and he presented this policy as right and fair then sold it for 1/2 price. We all know he didn’t believe it to be the right thing to do.

Thats why he is a busted flush – he sold his integrity for a ride in a ministerial car.

Cougar

One more, then I’m going to put the Xbox on.

The Lib Dems are opposing the government’s policy on Brexit. They are an opposition party. This is the very definition of how parliamentary democracy works.

You can disagree with them, you can assert that you’re right and they’re wrong. That’s fine. But to claim that they’re “anti-democracy” is a Daily Express / Mail lie.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thats why he is a busted flush – he sold his integrity for a ride in a ministerial car.

No worse than some…& better than others…

He’s not Osborne nor Thatcher – save your scorn for someone more deserving..

LD
    Free Member

Not my leader. 😛

tjagain

mrlebowski

Osbourne never had any integrity and the tories don’t claim it as their USP. Thatcher had integrity but was simply deluded

Cable sold his soul for that ministerial car and was manipulated into selling off the post office for 1/2 price and pretended it was the right thing to do.

allthepies
    Free Member

Royal Mail you mean.

higgo
    Free Member

My only comment (and complaint) about this is that:
    1) this morning I barely noticed something on the BBC News about there being only one candidate in the LibDem leadership election
    2) this evening my phone went mental with BBC !!BREAKING NEWS!! the VC had been elected leader

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Osbourne never had any integrity and the tories don’t claim it as their USP. Thatcher had integrity but was simply deluded

How convenient for you.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Given that RM Is currently trading below £4, the idea that Uncle Vince sold it fr half price is rather fanciiful and at odds with the truth!!

If its want for all the union nonsense, it might be worth picking up again <£4 for nearly 6% yield and apparently now more that 100% upside. BREAKING NEWS…..

squirrelking
    Free Member

Royal Mail you mean.

Pff, you and your ‘facts’…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Does this one like the gays?

Junkyard
    Free Member

sold it for 330p Reports critical and said it should have been 30 p more peaked on day one at 615p per share and the original offer was oversubscribed by x 24 the number issued. The demand was clearly there

Best to include all the truth if you wish to chide others for their limited use of them

so the NAO report summary is here. Its more muted than yout tone and a little less positive…I am sure you appreciate the complete facts.

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-privatisation-of-royal-mail-summary.pdf

jambalaya
    Free Member

This is the very definition of how parliamentary democracy works.

Could not agree less. Labour supoort Brexit as thats how the country voted on a specific non oarty issue and because large numbers of their constituencies voted Brexit and strongly so.

Cable is a right prat. Gave the Post Office away with a ludicrous strategy of selling discounted shares to “long term” holders. The Lib Dems EU Ref 2 strategy got them 14 seats out of 650. Nothing has changed since June 8th, fhe policy is still a dud.

CountZero

The LD’s desperate support for the EU has always seemed like them grasping at the only straw that would give them any sort of political power, even if it was just a subservient hanger-on in a European super-state.
    Which as far as I can see was the main reason most people voted to leave; of course there are the anti-immigration crowd that get much of the meeja attention, but then the meeja always go for the noisy ones.
    Empty vessels and all that.

Cougar

Could not agree less.

Of course you couldn’t.

Cable is a right prat. Gave the Post Office away

What year was that, remind me?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like we’ve entered the realm of Fake News/#jambafacts/fear or threat thereof of other people’s political beliefs.

Gotta love it.

Long live STW Political Threads and the HitBiggerThanYou types 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Vince Cable – New LD leader’ is closed to new replies.