Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Views on The South Downs Way Lemming Trail event
  • movingslowly
    Free Member

Morning

Has anyone done the following event? Was it any good?

The South Downs Way Lemming Trail

Thanks, L

br
    Free Member

Yes, 2 years ago and the views were absolutely stunning, mainly as it was a cracking day.

Also recommend that you book early and take a bed in the Youth Hostel.

m1kea
    Free Member

Doing the whole route in a day is very achievable and that’s without mentioning the SDD .

Unless you really fancy paying someone to do the organisational donkey work, DIY is a no brainer imo.

wwaswas

SDD is so last year 😉

It’s the triple you need to aim for now;

http://richardsterry.blogspot.co.uk/

m1kea
    Free Member

SDD is so last year

It’s the triple you need to aim for now;

http://richardsterry.blogspot.co.uk/

Good to see someone trying for more 8) though ultra distance riding isn’t exactly new.

Two of the Lewes Wanderers competed in the National Championship 24 hour time trial in Sussex last year and Paul Gibbons went on to finally complete the double 4 weeks later. Peter Baker, along with many other long distance riders, completed the 1200Km Paris – Brest – Paris. Pete clocked up over 20,000 miles last year!

McHamish
    Free Member

I did it a couple of years ago…it’s a well organised event.

Although I wasn’t fit enough and found it very challenging, particularly the second day.

Second the above comment about the youth hostel, much more comfortable than camping. Although we ended up bunked with a ‘snorer’.

Ashley
    Free Member

I have done it before and it is a very good event where you don’t have to lug your own stuff around, have food & drink & support laid on and most importantly means a much easier way to get back to the start.

Don’t underestimate the last bit unless you have very understanding partners/friends.

Plus riding with a lot of others means you can hop in and out of groups easily. I went on my tod a few years ago and going with Trail Break was by far the easiest and most enjoyable way of doing it.

movingslowly
    Free Member

cheers for the all the answers

t_i_m
    Free Member

did it some years ago. Not particulary cheap but very well organised.
    I was especially impressed with the volume and quality of food on offer.
    If you dont know the route, aren’t comfortable riding it unsupported and need to take two days, it’s a great option.
    Most of the other riders are very friendly and you always pick up some gate opening partners/groups, which is very handy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Views on The South Downs Way Lemming Trail event’ is closed to new replies.