Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Views on Surly Big Dummy 425mm or 440mm A-C fork for 85mm hardtail for commuting
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Currently I stupidly using a 29er fork on frame that had 85mm of travel (465mm axel to crown).

To correct it I want to use the 29er fork on a frame next year and want a fork that will correct the frame, appearance and aslo be able to fit fit mudguards.

Anybody used this fork? (Can I just measure the old sus fork axel to crown and buy a rigid fork based on that size?

(mainly crucial to fir mudguards.)

Thanks for any help!

Stoner
    Free Member

you might want to allow for c.25% sag of the original fork travel in the A-C calculation.

Before you change it though, please put a photograph up of an 85mm corrected frame with a 29er fork in – sounds superb! 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Hmm not sure it looks that great TBH! but it does handle well in urban rides!

Fork on order. Hope it looks and fits correctly!

letmetalktomark

I ran a Salsa Cro Moto for a while on a bike desinged for 80mm travel and it performed flawlessly – IIRC its 420- 425 axle to crown.

Nice light (for steel) straight blade or that is v, disk and mudguard compatible.

zaskar
    Free Member

I wanted the Salsa but nobody online had any stock!

I've got the Surly fitted thanks to Psyclewerx in Bristol 😛

Never Realised how flexi my P2's were but they are xc and the Surly is a road/xc tourer bit heavier but so much stiffer and handles fanstastic so far!

Trying to fit guards now…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Views on Surly Big Dummy 425mm or 440mm A-C fork for 85mm hardtail for commuting’ is closed to new replies.