Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • views on schwalbe black shark tyres in the mud? or alternative front mud tyres?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

as above – any good as a front tyre???

any others apart from bonty mud x / trailrakers?

thanks

paul

glenncampbell

I've used all three and prefer the bonty Mud X – rode the whole of 24/12 solo on them and they're great. I use the Black shark mud at SITS as the mud is sticky if it (ALWAYS) rains – it makes a harsh ride on the 1.5 tyre but gets through mud very well indeeed. Trail rakers are ok but really hate corners and can clog up. Hope it helps!

JamesP
    Free Member

I would use the mud shark in extremely muddy conditions. They cut through the mud like nothing else and give massive amounts of frame clearance. BUT the 1.5" ones and are sketchy as hell on roots and in corners. I used them at SiTS this year for the first few laps before switching to Nobby Nic 1.8s and the finally RR as the course became dry. I have also run a 1.8 NN on the front and a 1.5 BS on the back with good results.

They're certainly not an everyday tyre. I used mine once last year.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Medusa's. end of.

njee20
    Free Member

Agree with James, the 1.5" Black Sharks are an awesome tyre to have in your arsenal, but they really are only for properly sticky mud tyres where you won't encounter anything else. The 2.1" one is a bit aggressive IMO, you're better with a Mud-X, which is a far superior 'general winter tyre'.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘views on schwalbe black shark tyres in the mud? or alternative front mud tyres?’ is closed to new replies.