Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Views on Khyam tents or similar designs ?
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

Looking for a quick to put up / take down tent and have seen these previously. Any views on them ? I don't need one with lots of space as have a 3 man tunnel tent when I need that so looking at either

highlander
    or
    Nevis 300

From their marketing blurb they talk about pitching time but how does this relate to total time including pegging out etc.?

Will be car transported and campsite use so not worried about weight, size, wild use but want something dry and quick to put up / take down.

Tks

Aus
    Free Member

We have a Khyam Santiago which was excellent – very waterfproof; v easy to put up (I was fine on my own) and quick; packs down small. Loved it but we moved up to a much larger beast once we realised camping hols were here to stay.

We're planning on selling the Santiago – it's prob had 4-5 short outings; always packed up completely dry. Email me if interested (email in profile)

Cheers

coffeeking
    Free Member

I have an old one (uses the same tech) that has lasted 10 years hard use in sun, storms and snow. I can have it (2.5man dome) pitched and pegged in 1-3 minutes max even on a windy day. It's literally a case of "snapping" the elbows out on each pole and then pegging it in place. In places where mallet is not needed you can be pitched in almost no time (usually before most people have unpacked their tent parts. Packing away is just as easy if you remember how to fold the poles, it all just collapses together and rolls into the bag.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Tks for the replies. The Santiago is bigger than I was looking for though.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I've used a Highlander for a fair few years. It's GREAT. Being able to pop it up in seconds, peg out and start drinking while everyone else is threading poles and attaching inner domes. For 100 quid or so you can't go wrong. It's stayed waterproof too – not had to reproof and also very rarely used the guy ropes – stays well put even in gusty wind.

Muke
    Free Member

UKCampsite.co.uk…Lots of tent reviews and other useful info

Junkyard
    Free Member

excellent oin the smaller sizes- 3 man but have a ginormous one tha takes about 2 hours to set up but you could literally park a bus in it. Both totally waterproof one joint broke but you get spares with them when new.Would not buy any other tent personally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Views on Khyam tents or similar designs ?’ is closed to new replies.