Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • views on kenda blue grove dtc 2.35 / nevegals?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

whats the collectives thoughts?

Looking for a wet rock style tyre – any good?

cheers

paul

james
    Free Member

Perhaps in a StickE 50a compound?

The side tread isn’t much bigger than the centre so don’t bite quite like a maxxis High Roller/Minion in turns

I’ve had 2 nevegals go on the sidewalls, with plenty of tread left on them (grooves/sipes in top of tread just starting to go). I know a few others with the same problem. Only on the rear, so perhaps for the front?

2.5″ High Roller 60a were much better in (morzine/les gets) slop than 2.35″ Nevegals, not sure on compound, they were on a hire bike for a day

big_n_daft
    Free Member

other than in the infamous STW magazine review they aren’t really that well rated

BG is a good trail centre front

nevegal basically pants in comparison to other tyres

james
    Free Member

“nevegal basically pants in comparison to other tyres”
    I wouldn’t say that
    I reckon they’re more of an all round chunky tyre, not brilliant at anything in particular

busydog
    Free Member

I have used both and like both, but I am usually riding in very dry, rocky, hardpack conditions and they work great—slight preference for Nevagals, but be hard pressed to explain why other than feel. Don’t get much chance at wet conditions here in the desert.

rustler
    Free Member

I use them. 2.35 DTC Nev on the rear, 2.35 Stickee BG on the front. I like them. Dont seem too draggy, except for the Stickee Nev I got for the back by mistake once.

As soon as the trails dry out its Smallblock 8 time for me. Far more capable than a tyre like that should be.

Northwind

Personally I wouldn’t put either on the front, go with a stick-e, it’s a more stable tyre… DTC grips pretty well but it gets kicked off line a bit easily, it’s twangy. Not a problem on the back though.

big_n_daft – Member

other than in the infamous STW magazine review they aren’t really that well rated
    BG is a good trail centre front
    nevegal basically pants in comparison to other tyres

In terms of reviews that’s just not true… They’ve tested well in all the major magazines lately and get consistent good comments in bike tests too (other than in OEM spec). Last WMB grouptest they were a class winner I remember.

And the performance of the BG and Nevegal is so similiar i’ve no idea how you can rate one and say the other is pants, just daft IMO

votchy
    Free Member

BG/Nev combo, 2.35 DTC front and rear run tubeless on stans flow are the best all round combination I have used, coped well with rocks, roots, snow, ice, mud etc, no issues with being draggy and no issues with sidewalls, wore the tread out on mine, they were on the bike for a full 12 months and pleased with them, have tried others but will be going back to these next time I change. Others I have tried are HR’s, Rampage SC, Nobby Nics and Bonty XR4’s (the worst tyre I have ever ridden).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘views on kenda blue grove dtc 2.35 / nevegals?’ is closed to new replies.