Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Video-Possibly the best natural singletrack descent in southern England
  • welshfarmer

Around 1000 feet and over 2 miles top to bottom, mix of open hill, fast grassy track, rocky steps (that I still haven’t ridden clean – it is not me taking the video BTW!), and plenty of stream crossing, rocks, and drops thrown into the mix. A true MTB fest. Filmed on our Wednesday evening ride yesterday on edge of darkness so apologies for poor contrast at times.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzG4NHp57gU[/video]

Done it dozen times and never seen so much as a hiker out and about. The descent will be the highlight of the “Two Nations” ride at the Hay Cycling Festival next weekend if anyone fancies riding it with a group.

Drac

That does look pretty good.

Yes I skipped a lot of it as I’m off to work now.

spacemonkey

Me likey the middle third. I still prefer my singletrack served up in the woods though.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s great fun to ride, but that’s not what springs to mind when “single track” is mentioned. No trees or corners ? I watched up to 1.51 btw.

Not dissing it, I’m sure I would enjoy charging down it on a full suss or big wheel bike would come into it’s own. 🙂

blooddonor
    Free Member

Sorry,but looks awfull……………but I do happen to live in probably one of best places in England, for singletrack.

stevegittins
    Free Member

woodsman – Member
    I’m sure it’s great fun to ride, but that’s not what springs to mind when “single track” is mentioned. No trees or corners ? I watched up to 1.51 btw.

Not dissing it, I’m sure I would enjoy charging down it on a full suss or big wheel bike would come into it’s own.

The descent doesn’t really start till 4.10ish, The first section (before 4.10) is open and grassy, it then gets technical before becoming fast and flowing. Its got a bit of everything except twisting through the trees.

I should really have edited/cropped it to give a short taster of each section, But its the first vid ive done and Ive not looked into any of that yet.

Steve

Bregante

If that’s the best the south of England has to offer by way of singletrack I’m bloody glad I live up north. Sure its fun though.

Actually I’m bloody glad I live up north anyway! 🙂

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Does look a bit tame

stevegittins
    Free Member

trailmoggy – Member
    Does look a bit tame

😆 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

So are we 😉

Sui
    Free Member

Not exactly south is it… Anyway I think you’ll find all the best trails are in Surrey…..

Houns

Orange 5?

swanny853

There are some cracking trails in Surrey, just perhaps not the one you might think of

p7rich
    Free Member

“south”?

Sui
    Free Member

Bbc ❓

phiiiiil

One of the things I miss most about moving away from Worcestershire is being so close to the Black Mountains. There are some amazing trails all over them; looooong and swoopy or short but very technical.

I loved the feeling of being half way round an all day loop and being several massive valleys over from where you started…

welshfarmer

Well it is further south than Hereford, Milton Keynes and Felixstow 😀 and starts within a few feet of the highest point in England south of the Lakes.

Funny that I have never associated singletrack with trees. The definition must vary depending on where people generally ride. Here all the best tracks are above the tree line.

booktownman
    Free Member

Here’s another cracking descent on a Hay Bike Fest ride (Afanc’s Revenge).

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-sct19w7-A[/video]

Enjoy!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Video-Possibly the best natural singletrack descent in southern England’ is closed to new replies.