Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Video hosting – Youtube v Vimeo v Flickr
  • legend
    Free Member

Is tone particularly better than the others? Will be doing a fair amount of helmet cam stuff this year, not particularly wanting to dazzle the world with my mad skillz just share with friends.

AJames
    Free Member

I prefer Vimeo although there is an upload limit for their free service.

samuri
    Free Member

Vimeo for HD

legend
    Free Member

As much as I believe you guys….. processing times (approx): Flickr – 30s, YouTube – 30s, Vimeo – 35mins. WTF?

samuri
    Free Member

Dunno. Mine always go up sharpish. Certainly no slower on Vimeo.

YouTube lie though, they take it quick but you can be waiting a long time before its ready for viewing.

grum
    Free Member

Dunno about that but videos usually look much better on Vimeo, think they use less/better compression as standard.

legend
    Free Member

I have to say that Vimeo really isn’t winning me over. Yes it looks good, but 35mins to process (Youtube really was 30s then ready to watch) and the worst mobile app i’ve seen in some time is no good 🙁

spooky_b329

Vimeo usually takes a couple of hours for my videos to show (350mb/HD) on the free service.

But…

They don’t seem to get upset about music/content (like Facebook who threaten you with account deletion, though they only seem to detect it when the video is made public)

Northwind

Aye, youtube’s copyright procedures are terrible, Vimeo’s either work well or don’t exist, not sure which 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Video hosting – Youtube v Vimeo v Flickr’ is closed to new replies.