Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • video format help please
  • wors

I have some videos on my old pc, in .mod format. now these played and still play fine on windows media player even after I put win 8.1 on it. ive just bought a laptop with win 8.1 on it and they wont play?

Anybody help?

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you tried renaming them .mpg? That might work for .mod files. Alternatively if you just want to watch them download VLC

EDIT: looks like renaming them should work http://www.wikihow.com/Work-with-JVC-.MOD-Files

fisha
    Free Member

Windows makes use of converter files (Codecs) which translate the file you have into a format that the media player can display. Each file type (.mod .mov .avi etc ) will have a translator codec associated with it.

You need to find the right codec that applies to the .mod file and install that into windows. Sometimes these come as part of a larger codec part and are often included with programs such as VLC Player, allowing you to view all types of files.

Cougar

There’s a program called G-spot (no, really) which will tell you what codecs they need.

TBH though, I’d probably just sack off Media Player and use VLC.

wors

VLC downloaded, works a treat!! Cheers Cougar

GrahamS

There’s a program called G-spot (no, really) which will tell you what codecs they need.

I looked for that, but I couldn’t find it…

Tried typing “find g-spot” into Google but that was no help at all. 😯

nickjb
    Free Member

Yes, well done Cougar good suggestion 😥

wors

Sorry Nick 😕 Xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘video format help please’ is closed to new replies.