Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Video editing software recommendations
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Anyone have any recommendations for some good video editing software? I’ve had a look at Sony Vegas but it seems very complicated to do even the most basic things. Windows Movie Maker is probably a bit too basic.

AlexSimon

I agree.
    I have Vegas and Premier Pro and even though I’m used to other Adobe Creative Suite apps, I find them ridiculously clumsy.

Looking forward to some responses that don’t involve a Mac and iMovie.

comedyphil
    Free Member

Could try Lightworks – heard good things about it, and it’s free. Haven’t used it myself as I don’t run Windows, but might be worth a punt.

Link

colournoise

If you want something more powerful than Movie Maker then Vegas is actually a good bet. Not as complicated as it looks at first and pretty good built in tutorials.

dan314
    Free Member

I find this nice and easy to use, it’s free too. http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

rewski
    Free Member

The pros use avid on a PC, could be a sledgehammer to crack a nut if you just want to edit home video.

Avid

billysugger
    Free Member

Sony interface is easy when you’ve used it a few times.

Beneficial being used widely because there are tutorial vids all over youtube.

I made the mistake of buying Vegas Movie Studio which apparently is only a 32 bit programme so will not use more than 2 gig of ram (?) which is good for <4 min vids but will screw up a HD project if you go much longer.

GrahamS

I use Vegas too. Not as terrifyingly complex as it first appears and very powerful too.

stewartc
    Free Member

Since moving to a MAC I have found iMovie to be easy to use, previously I used Serif on a PC which was not bad either, very simple but maybe a little too basic for your needs?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Sony Vegas here too. It takes a while to get your head around it but once you do it’s great.

GrahamS

One thing that does annoy me about Vegas is the lack of built-in anti shake filtering.
    You can get plugins but most seem quite expensive. Any suggestions?

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll give them a try, and give Vegas a bit more time as well 🙂

turboferret

I’m using Vegas here too, and like it, even if it wasn’t immediately intuitive.

Cheers, Rich

Milkie
    Free Member

I would go for something Like Sony Vegas/Premiere Pro as there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube, so you should be able to pick it up very easily.

I use Premiere Pro, great bit of software and 1000’s of video’s on YouTube to help you when you get stuck.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Video editing software recommendations’ is closed to new replies.