Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Video editing software and computer advice
  • tommid
    Free Member

I currently have a 6 year old Compaq laptop (running on Windows XP) that have served me well, but my Ipad has taken over for browsing duties. I have a faux pro camera (SJ4000) and I want to edit videos, I’m struggling to find free software that will allow this as the output is MOV files. So should I look at getting a cheap old Mac book for Imovies and I have an Ipad and Iphone or do I go for a new Windows laptop and pay for some video editing software. Not really prepared to pay more than a grand for new Macbook.

I only use my laptop for uploading pics from my camera, internet browing, dealing with Itunes uploads for my phone etc and as I say my want to edit videos.

Any help greatfuly recieved.

tommid
    Free Member

Edit its running Vista not XP. I’m not quite in the dark ages.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Does it have to be a laptop?

_tom_
    Free Member

get a new windows computer and find a version of premiere pro on a popular file sharing site 🙂 Vegas etc aren’t as nice to use and macs are a rip off, plus not really worth it unless you need apple – only software but really Premiere will be fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Video editing software and computer advice’ is closed to new replies.