Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Video Editing
  • fazzini

Let me preface this by stating I am virtually illiterate when talking technology so please keep this in mind if you reply with advice/help – it needs to be the ‘idiot-guide’ version!!

Bought a camera for use on the bike – CarCam from 7dayshop – and its OK for what I bought it for – I use it mainly for my daily commute, just in case, having had a number of very near misses and a collision with a bus – sadly no witnesses!

The camera records in 5 minute segments to the SD card.

Im wondering if there is a simple way to edit these together so that each journey can be one video clip, rather than 3 or 4 separate clips?

Any help gratefully received!

MartynS

You on a Mac or PC?
    Windows moviemaker would do the job, as would imovie..

fazzini

PC – Windows XP

Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlexSimon

You could use the online YouTube editing tools.

Plucked this tutorial at random – there may be better ones

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ypVoN4NVM[/video]

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Movie Maker on XP is a doddle to use. I didn’t like the “upgrade” on Windows 7.

fazzini

Thanks for the advice!!

plumber
    Free Member

movie make will be fine for what you need

fazzini

OK. So with me nothing is ever that easy…..haha

Movie maker seems really simple to use, but every time I try to import a file it ‘encounters a problem and needs to shutdown’.

I did try uploading one file onto my YouTube/Google account, but this was telling me that for 1 5 minute file it would take 351 minutes to complete. Given that I didn’t have the thick end of 6 hours spare I cancelled and gave up.

Any advice please?

hazza123
    Free Member

@fazzini, that used to happen with mine (windows 8 though), try right clicking the icon for moviemaker to bring up the menu’s. Try find the option which says ‘run in compatibility mode’. Worked for me, might be worth a shot as i no longer have this problem now.

fazzini

Cheers hazza123 I’ll give that a go.

fazzini

On another note, does it take so long to upload even one 5 minute file onto YouTube because of my pathetic broadband connection speed? oh how I wish for fibre optic like once before!!!

AlexSimon

Your likely upload speed is 300-400kbps (easily checked online) so about 20 seconds per MegaByte.

So if your clip is about 100Mb it should only take half an hour.

DezB
    Free Member

I use this freeware to cut the sections out of the video. Then you should be able to import the clips into Movie Maker

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Video Editing’ is closed to new replies.