Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Video Camera, Go Pro 2 or alternatives?
  • Nick

Thinking about getting a small video camera to use for a variety of things, got my brother’s stag weekend coming up and we’re doing some coasteering, sea kayaking and so on, holiday in the Alps mountain biking, white water rafting, canoeing etc

I’m not the fastest downhill so not it’s purpose is not really for capturing me shredding the gnar or whatever it’s called today, just for capturing stuff when we’re having fun.

Obviously the Go Pro 2 is on the list, but I’ve found other such as these on Dogcam site http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/

Anyone got any recommendations or experience with their bullet cams or even other types of camera?

Or should I go for a Go Pro?

DickBarton

I’m really liking my DriftHD…

Nick

Ohh, looks good, like the screen, do you bother with the waterproof case for mtbing?

DickBarton

Not needed it yet but im considering it for piece of mind, but at 45 quid it feels steep.

Pook

I’ve got a Kodak ZX3 that’s done loads, including snorkelling on the barrier reef, loads of pootles, road trips to the continent…

1080p 16 x 9 high definition, and all for about £80. In fact, Hora is selling one so you would probably get it cheaper.

kayak23

The range of mounts and stuff you can get with gopro is reason enough to go for it I reckon. Other cameras are sleeker for sure but i think you’ve more mounting options with a gopro.

I got one this week and have had such a laugh with it this weekend filming all sorts of stuff, even frozen food at tescos….

Recommend it highly. You look an eejit with it on your head but its good.

Look up ‘digigood’ on ebay, got one for 190 bones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Video Camera, Go Pro 2 or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.