Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • video adverts NOOO!
  • racefaceec90

have just started having them on this forum 😡 i know that it helps singletrack e.t.c to keep the site going,but absolutely hate having my internet credit drained by them (am on a 15gb a month contract) is there any way to stop them? sorry rant over.

jam-bo

15gb is a shit load of video ads…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YGM

racefaceec90

thanks Tandemjeremy 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

TJ – you do know there’s a super-injunction on even thinking about that?

kaesae
    Free Member

Adds are one thing, adds with sound, I was wondering what the **** was going on.

Some disembodied voice harping on about ariel washing powder or some such shit.

😯

Mark

No ads should have sound. I’ll investigate and stamp on it. It can only be from an agency advertiser and not any of the contracted advertisers. They annoy us as much as you. 🙁

racefaceec90

cheers mark. 🙂

Drac

Ah was going to point this out as there’s certain conditions for the Ads but Mark is on the ball the night.

maccruiskeen

They annoy us as much as you

We’re not that annoying are we?

donsimon
    Free Member

We’re not that annoying are we?

I’ve got the emails that prove some of us are. 😆

emma82
    Free Member

One started talking to me too, frightened the life out of me cos I thought it was the telly. Which wasn’t on. 🙁

Mark

If it pops up again I’d appreciate it if someone could point me at it. By either telling me the company advertising or sending me a screen grab. There’s so many ads that could potentially be shown that I’m going to need a bit of help to search it out.

There’s countless ad networks out there but we take care to make sure we can veto any ad delivered. Networks that don’t give us that option we don’t use. As an example there are currently 32 websites on the blocked list in our google ad account alone. We also deliver ads from Microsoft and Aol ad networks. They each allow us to set certain conditions and vetos. It sounds like something got through that shouldn’t have.

Mark@singletr…… Etc.

Pook

i wondered why my data was constantly going mental on the forum on my phone.

Popping up left right and centre here mark. (laptop now)

Pook

Canon advertising now btw

brooess
    Free Member

Dettol was one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yup, just got the Dettol No Touch noisy advert

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘video adverts NOOO!’ is closed to new replies.