• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Vicious
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

McKellen, Jacobi and de la Tour.
    It could have been excellent.

It really isn’t.

Dire.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Dave Allen on Beeb2

IanMunro
    Free Member

Saw the reviews and decided to watch Iron Man for the 10,000th time.

ThePinkster

Would be a lot better if the laughter track was quieter. Seems like it’s being played as a true theatre performance dharling.

project
    Free Member

A serious lack of imagination and funny lines make Vicious a poor attempt at comedic writing,along with over dramatic over acting by the main actors.

JulianA
    Free Member

The Dave Allen retro on BBC2 was very good!

ThePinkster

Missed Dave Allen on BBC2, might try & track it down on I player later.

TBH I think Vicious would would quite well on the stage, especially under it’s original title of Vicious Old Queens (iirc). The programme that followed it was far funnier though, The Job Lot.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not bad, but the canned laughter was much too invasive.
    Not a belly laugh type show, but amusing regardless.

binners

I watched it not expecting much. Its ITV after all. Not bad, but Job Lot that was on after it was very funny. Mainly because anyone who’s ever had any dealings with the people who work in those places would have instantly recognised that Angela character

mrmoofo

Not bad – it was awful. Talk about reeling off gay stereotypes. John Inman, eat your heart out.

What were they thinking ? Or are they all so skint that they have no pride left

binners

I find gay stereotypes hilarious though, so I quite enjoyed it

petergee
    Free Member

Truly awful. I was channel hopping and watched a few minutes out of curiosity. Is it really acceptable to make a joke about rape…because it’s Francis De Latour(?) and Ian McKellen? If Frankie Boyle had come out with those lines the tabloid press would be asking for his head on a plate (again).

project
    Free Member

I find gay stereotypes hilarious though, so I quite enjoyed it

Like hearing it in both ears then.

Ps, whats a gay stereo type,John Inman, or an overweight man who wears a t shirt with his favorite male football players name on the back,and watches fit young men running round a field huging and griping each other, then swapping shirts at he end of the game, then jumping in the bath together.

Ah it must be a foottball supporter then.

nbt

Just watched Episode 1 and really enjoyed it. Episode 2 on now 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Vicious’ is closed to new replies.