Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Vests/bibs with pockets/bladders – what are they like?
  • mark88

I noticed that hardly any EWS riders used backpacks at the weekend, but the pictures show lots have gained a humpback. Are they using bum bags under shirts or the base layers with pockets/bladders?
    Any real world feedback on how hot these things are? I can’t imagine wearing a vest and a bladder with no air flow without overheating.

Also, more out of curiosity, are there feed stations or team members on course or are the riders completing the day on one bottle?

clockarockin
    Free Member

Beeen looking into this recently. Using a bib short with pockets (e.g. specialized Swat) or lightweight bum bag is pretty Enduroooo these days. Neither are too bad for ventilation. You can also get base layers with pockets, I haven’t tried these but I reckon they would get pretty warm!

From the interviews I have read/watched most seem to go for bottle on the bike and a soft/flexible bottle in the back pocket. Pretty sure they have feed stations throughout the races though.

From the Trek ladies article on pink bike. I think this is the Raceface ‘Rip Strip’ or similar. GMBN did a good vid with Greg Callaghan giving tips on storing all his kit for race days.

akira

Been tempted by the race face stash vest, plus it can take a bladder.

mark88

It’s the Race Face stash I looked at but I can see the only outcome being the same as me cycling in a bin liner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vests/bibs with pockets/bladders – what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.