• This topic has 117 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Very slight moan…. Building work…
  • marcus7
    Free Member

Bloke across the back has just fired up his mini digger to carry on with his house extension…. 4pm as a start time…. I’m not that bothered but it does seem strange….

legend
    Free Member

Urgent patio builds don’t have timetables

marcus7
    Free Member

True it just seems a strange time to start…..

Drac

That’s very insightful thank you.

BoardinBob

but it does seem strange….

Aye it’s like something straight out a David Lynch film 🙄

marcus7
    Free Member

Not sure I was trying to be insightful, he’s been in all day and waits till now to crack on, I may do my grass at this time as it will be dry but I can’t see why he’s waited ( digger has been here all weekend).

bruneep

Why not ask him

funkmasterp

Ask him? Have you lost your mind good sir?

marcus7
    Free Member

Right sorry my mistake, he’s a fekkin DUP supporter (just to keep things trend) so let’s give him a flaming….

Drac

Maybe he’s been posting on Buildingtrackworld about his neighbour over the road who watches him all day waiting to post on a bike forum whenever he starts his mixer.

marcus7
    Free Member

You may be right but I am reminded that I was reported by a neighbour when I moved some bricks by hand when I had my building work done. I guess I am on my own in thinking that 4pm Sunday start time is not what builders normally do.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I usually take the boys swimming on Sunday morning. Today we went in the afternoon. We iz Cray, brah.

marcus7
    Free Member

Oh he hasn’t used a mixer yet… he poured the foundation yesterday, In my defence I noticed because they ready mix truck blocked the entrance to our entire estate road and we as well as a fair few others couldn’t get out… You are right though I’m a proper nimby… :wink:.

thepurist

wordnumb
    Free Member

Local authority website > Planning portal > his address > Planning decision > probably some stipulation about working hours.

Drac

Local authority website > Planning portal > his address > Planning decision > probably some stipulation about working hours.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Most of the house extensions round this way have involved mobile discos, the subject is close to my revenge gland.

oink1
    Free Member

Hastily burying the wife after a domestic?? 😯

project
    Free Member

we have a failed prime minister whos lost the plot and soon her job, a failed system,unemployment,food banks, NHS in crisis, terrorists living everywhere near according to the tabloid press,brexit, dup-pers and more.

and youre worried about a neighbour working on his house at 16.00 hrs on a sunday.

GET A LIFE

Rockape63
    Free Member

Slightly unfair Project, this is England after all!

marcus7
    Free Member

Thanks Project appreciate your insight 🙄 If only i was a cheerful chappie like you……

hammerite
    Free Member

Granted I don’t often undertake building work, but I start all sorts of jobs at odd times. Usually ones given to me by the OH, in my case it’s called procrastination.

marcus7
    Free Member

Hammerite, same here mate but he has been there all day then suddenly decided to make a start, in my book after 4pm if the mrs asks then she can do one (unless i’ve already said id do it). but of course the smart arse pack on here love nothing more than to spin what you say and once the pack gets big enough then they really get to fever pitch, it a bit sad to see a mod getting in on the action but mild bullying of posters on here does seem to be getting more common which is why you see the same posters here time and again. hey ho lesson learned. 😐

bruneep

seems you are tho

teasel
    Free Member

Our local council stipulate construction noise being limited to certain hours – 7am -7pm weekdays, 9am – 1pm Saturdays and nothing on Bank Holidays or Sundays. Yours will more than likely have similar rules.

Ignore comments from those suggesting you’re being grumpy or unreasonable – everyone has the right to at least one day of peace and quiet a week if construction is taking place nearby.

marcus7
    Free Member

This will be the last post as i getting into a no win situation but for the hard of thinking the full sentence is that i found it strange which i’ve tried to expand on that its not the digging but the odd time to start which is of course my opinion. but as I said the low rent smart arses and low level bullies are gathering so there’s no point in posting any more. 🙄
    Edit: Thanks again teasel one less STW hyena! 😀
    Edit: proof below! i actually was waiting for it though its not my favourite gif…..pat on that back for being first though! 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lost the keys to the dumper.. Luckily Just found them this afternoon as probably load of sand to move as brickies coming to start in the morning..

bruneep

Drac

My neighbour has been on since 8am finishing some more of his sun house, he finished maybe about an hour ago. It’s a Sunday he’s off, the weather was good it made sense to do some work.

marcus7
    Free Member

I cant resist…. Which is a failing of mine but thanks drac for making my point….. If he had been doing it all day id understand! 8)

Drac

Maybe just maybe he was preparing stuff ready before he could use his mini digger, it was only 4pm hardly late in the day.

Cougar

Our local council stipulate construction noise being limited to certain hours – 7am -7pm weekdays, 9am – 1pm Saturdays and nothing on Bank Holidays or Sundays. Yours will more than likely have similar rules.

Have you got a source for that? I’m curious, “it’s night so hush” is 11pm-7am. I’d be interested to see if local bylaws trumped that.

Ignore comments from those suggesting you’re being grumpy or unreasonable – everyone has the right to at least one day of peace and quiet a week if construction is taking place nearby.

Morally certainly, legally I’m not so sure.

marcus7
    Free Member

Nope, bear in mind our gardens back onto each other he wasn’t out at all, I know this as I was in the garden painting the fence. Yes he could have been doing stuff inside but as I have tried to say it was strange that he started at that time as I would have done that first if it were me. From my own experience I will garantee that someone will complain as they did about me when I moved some bricks on a sat morning which I told him about when he was doing the planning stuff. He will properly piss off some round here if he works primarily at weekends.

Drac

Maybe he’d been to church.

hammerite
    Free Member

Actually the other reason why I start jobs at weird times at weekends… hangovers!

deadkenny
    Free Member

If I had my way, 4pm would be the start of the working day.

Some of us aren’t early birds (proven by sciency stuff)

tenfoot

Maybe he was watching the Leogang coverage on Bike. 😉

Perhaps he had family or friends round.

teasel
    Free Member

Have you got a source for that?

Yep…

https://www.wycombe.gov.uk/pages/Environment/Noise-pollution/Construction-noise.aspx

Morally certainly, legally I’m not so sure.

Good job I didn’t claim any legality, then. 😉

But like you I thought it was a 7-11 thing until yesterday when I had the displeasure of informing an ignorant git that it wasn’t going to fly and the local bods would probably be interested, though I very much doubt anyone from Wycombe council would’ve been available on a Saturday.

I’m in slightly different circumstances to the OPs situation but it can become a real pisser when it’s everyday without break.

colp

Those regs are for a construction site. Is a private home having a bit of work done classified as one?

If he does it again tell him he can’t have any pudding.

teasel
    Free Member

Construction is construction, surely. A house being built is construction with accompanying noise. An extension is construction and can potentially include a lot of noisy tasks some of which might bother folk.

Edit : People have to get along, sometimes in quite a confined space. Invoking something official is the last step but sometimes it’s necessary to involve something more than a kind request. Consideration and empathy is essential for a community to work for all those involved and tolerance is just one side of that exchange.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Very slight moan…. Building work…’ is closed to new replies.