running an ancient Hotpoint 9901 washer dryer, with Axon fan motor blower for tumble dryer.
Well I say axon fan motor - however brushes are weird. Not the std brush/wire/spring carry on.
They consist of several parts;
- actual brush is about 7mm by 7mm and say about 40 mm long
- it is held in a metral U (about 45mm on sides and 8 mm base), one on side of the U is a slot (which a pin on one side of the bush fits) on the other side of the U is a metal coil - which when the brush is inserted down the U it pushes the brush back against the motor.
- the brush is put in the metal U and then the metal U (wich is about 8mm by 7 exterior diameter) goes in the brush hold.
- anybody know where I can get brushes
- anybody know where I can get normal brishes that are 7x7mm
- is filing down a brush to fit a good or bad idea ?