Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Very long shot
  • bearnecessities

Anyone have a plasterboard lift hoist thing I can borrow in W.Yorks area?

Kind of need asap and don’t really want to buy one; HSS don’t seem to have as an item for hire.

project
    Free Member

other hire shops are available.Lol

Try using the smaller sheets of plasterboard from B and Q, lot easier to work with and less waste if you snap one, which happens on larger sheets.

project
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

Smaller boards

bearnecessities

Ahh, cheers. 12.5mm big ass sheets already bought. That’s quote pricey for hire; might just by one for £350 off ebay and rent out myself!

Cheers though, didn’t know they were called that.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hire a dude to help you lift.

bearnecessities

I have done. The sheets are 8ft heavy feckers though,and we have a lot of ceilings to do!

RustyMac

Cut sheets in half?

project
    Free Member

Ahh, cheers. 12.5mm big ass sheets already bought. That’s quote pricey for hire; might just by one for £350 off ebay and rent out myself!

Buy it then sell it on after use

Bear
    Free Member

make ea couple of dead men…..

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

How high area the ceilings? I do 8ft boards on my own, I only struggle at 2.5m+.

Make yourself a T shape prop, about 30mm longer than your ceiling is high, your a piece of heavy string/light rope to the top. Put the prop around a third of the way into the boat gently at first so you can position it, then screw up the other end you are holding. Easier with hop up stands rather than steps. I also use a quick action adjustable prep at the free end and an autofeed screw gun. The props are about 12 quid at screwfix, autofeed gun makes things a lot quicker and easier but I used to do it without.

It WILL take a fair bit of practice to get the knack. If you can’t mange, just half them.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

What he said above

seosamh77
    Free Member

Gyprock is heavy? 😆 are you a bird? 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Very long shot’ is closed to new replies.