Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Very lightweight waterproof recommendations
  • squealer
    Free Member

Yes I know it’s not really the right weather to be asking this!

I had a really Light montane jacket that I can’t remember the name of that rolled up into a ball about 3″ across which seems to have got lost somewhere. I’ve looked on the montane site and can’t find whatever it was I had so I guess they’ve stopped making it?

So, anyone got any recommendations for something similar?

Price as cheap as possible as it’s only an emergency jacket to chuck in my pack.

Thanks.

matt_outandabout

Montane Air or Aero

igm

Castelli Velo £45 at Merlin?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cheap?

I have a running jacket fully taped and packs tiny from decathlon. It doesn’t even look shit.

Ha hood too

momo

I’ve got one of these from decathlon, packs up in to a jersey pocket easy enough.

angeldust
    Free Member

http://www.berghaus.com/hyper-extrem-mens-waterproof-jacket/421818.html

If lightweight and packable are the main criteria the above is very good (the smock version is even lighter ~80g, and I beleieve is the lightest seam sealed waterproof available). Won’t be very robust, but I use one as an emergency waterproof, and it lives in my saddle pack (road or mtb) 99% of the time.

Note: Not cheap, but I am happy to pay for the smallest/lightest out there, that still works.

milky1980
    Free Member

Silly Cheap Pakajak

Bought one of these for summer use, used it twice for commuting and it’s very good.

squealer
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ve bought myself the berghaus hyper jacket linked to twice above.

scuttler

One I have is a Montane Minimus Mountain Jacket.

daddyoe
    Free Member
    whitestone
    Free Member

One thing that I’ve found (to my cost and comfort) is that the lightweight waterproofs are fine in showers where there’s little or no wind but if there’s a gale blowing then the material is so light that it pushes against your lower layers and you get a sort of contact dampness plus with the wind now pressing directly against you, you can get cold quite quickly.

I’ve a heavier duty jacket (Endura MT500) that handles this situation.

scuttler

Agreed on the heavier jacket front but plenty of days between April and October that look like this

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Very lightweight waterproof recommendations’ is closed to new replies.