Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Very drunk (?) wife. When to go to Dr?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My wife got in from a night out with friends and is far, far drunker than I’ve seen her in 11 years. She can call me by my pet name and ‘Mike’ when really pressed ie. Water flicked in her face but little else. Breathing and pulse seem normal.

I suspect that she’s had her drink spiked. I know nothing ‘bad’ happened to her whilst out but friends said she got significantly more intoxicated on the 20 minute taxi ride home.

We live in Thailand, in case it makes a difference t the answers.

Hospital or not?

mattyfez

Put in recovery position, keep an eye on breathing.. All I can suggest really.

yossarian
    Free Member

History of mental health issues or significant drug use?
    Likelihood of drink being spiked?
    Can you trust her mates?

Make your decision to seek further attention based on what you know not a bunch of guys on a different continent who don’t know you. Gut instinct FTW

m0rk
    Free Member

She won’t thank you, but sounds like a decent stomach pump is in order

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks Matty. She is. If regular breathing and heart rate, is there any point in going to hospital?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Trust her mates 100%.

Chance of drink being spiked – high, based on her appearance / reactions / the fact she can drink 99% of people under the table.

No mental issues and she’d have told me if she’d taken drugs knowingly.

Gut instinct says she’ll be fine but having spent years working in nightclubs, my main instinct is to dump water on her from the ice bucket and cash up the tills 😉 perhaps Desensitivised.

prettygreenparrot

In the UK I’d go with what mattyfez said. In Thailand I’d be inclined to call a doctor. if she’s just ‘tired and emotional’ then you’ll miss out on the ‘I got called out the other day for someone who was drunk’ stories. If she’s been poisoned you’ll feel better.

Cougar

Can you contact any of her friends to see whether her level of intoxication is consistent with what she’s drunk?

Put in recovery position, keep an eye on breathing..

This, but, there’s an argument that if you’re sufficiently worried to ask then you might want to err on the side of caution.

Expect to be in the doghouse for a fortnight regardless of your decision. (-:

Cougar

We live in Thailand, in case it makes a difference t the answers.

In the UK I’d suggest calling NHS Direct or whatever they’re called this week. And I expect they’d say “call an ambulance.”

Cougar

Chance of drink being spiked – high

Also, consider this.

Esme
    Free Member

If her condition does deteriorate, how quickly can you get help?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Friends said she’d had “2 shots more” than they did. They were tipsy but nothing like this.

Think it’s hospital time. 2am so cashing in a few favours for coming to look after our sleeping boys!

bones
    Free Member

Fingers crossed.

mattyfez

Hope all turns out ok, but the right call if her pulse or breathing deteriorates in the slightest.. who knows what the emergency response time will be in Thailand..

Cougar

I think you’re doing the right thing. Good luck.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Can drive to hospital in 15 minutes, I’d say.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Hospital definitely the right choice for reasons I’ll not mention here.
    Even if it’s only alcohol things can get worse very quickly. If there’s other stuff involved that can compound any issues.

Cougar

Why are you still here?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hard moving unconscious people by yourself.. Hopefully she’s light.

scotroutes

Waiting for childminder to arrive?

mattyfez

Guess he’s waiting for baby sitters, as he mentioned kids..
    Fingers crossed.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you chap

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Presume things are too far gone for a sex ambush……..?

Drac

Chance of drink being spiked – high

I’m off for a sit down in quiet room.

lucien

Errrrmmmm

Any update?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

😯 crikey

Hope shes ok

mattyfez

I hope she’s ok! I’m sure I got spiked once, back in the day, me and my friends had just left a club, waiting for others to come out before going home, a drunk girl handed me a bottle, as she’d had enough and I’m not one to turn down a free drink… I had to be carried home.. I was fine up until that point, and I was merry before, certainly not can’t stand up or speak drunk.

Quite worrying, but I like to think the lass who gave me the drink dodged a bullet there!

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ve been leaving my drink lying around in clubs for years and never been spiked once, I must be plug ugly.

Ambrose

Happened to me once, it is a truly horrid experience. Especially the night before a Final. Cheers mates, whoever it was. Never forgotten, never forgiven on this one. Deliberately screwing up other people is unforgivable.

Best wishes and loads of fry-ups and paracetamol. Plus loads of orange juice.

But play it safe.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

sweepy – Member
    I’ve been leaving my drink lying around in clubs for years and never been spiked once, I must be plug ugly.

If someone is at risk of death, call the Doc.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I think if you can tell the difference between “drunk” and “not quite right regardless of the amount she’s had to drink”, knowing the person, then medical attention is in order. She may have been wrongly targetted,or unlucky, but seriously even as a male, I can tell you that a spiked drink really screws up a girl in a way being just “drunk” doesn’t do.

One friend of a friend (admittedly its tenuous, I’ve not met her) was raped after a spiked drink, and it’s really messed with her mind since.

toemul
    Free Member

Yep me to about 10 or 15 times horrid experienced. Every time ive had a big night or was knackered with a big night, got spiked with the fresh air!!!

sweepy
    Free Member

Thats not me Frankenstein, I’m just a bit like him 🙂

mattyfez

Nah it’s not fresh air! I’ve hit it hard many a time and although there is the fresh air factor, it’s different, like mild anesthesia.. It’s no joke and it does happen.

Saccades
    Free Member

Might just be cheap shit knock off spirits too tbf.

sadexpunk

hospitals maybe the safest safest option, but id say if she made it home, her breathing and pulse is normal, id be tempted to just leave her in recovery position and keep checking on her. youre in for a sleepless night whichever you choose, so id probably just make sure shes keeps breathing, doesnt choke on sick etc, rather than spend the night at hospital.

then make up whatever story you want in the morning about what she did whilst out of it 8)

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks for the concern everyone.

She’s fine now. No blood or pee taken for tests so guess we’ll never know if her drink was tampered with. Like I said, she wasn’t taken advantage of and certainly wasn’t any of our friends who did anything so nothing more to do really.

Gut feeling is it wasn’t booze though.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Thank goodness she is ok. An old flat mate of mine had her drink spiked while out for a night in London. She went outside and suddenly lost all feeling in her legs before she lost conciousness. Luckily someone saw it happen and called an ambulance. She thinks it was probably the date rape drug that seemed to be used often at the time as it was only her first drink of the evening.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

[Quote]She’s fine now.[/quote]
    Good. We found a bloke outside our flat once in a similar state. Swearing and gibbering in unintelligible French. Unresponsive except for that. Called the ambulance. Apparently drink and drugs involved. We found out from the police the following day that he’d had a turn for the worse in the ambulance and was in intensive care after having some sort of stroke/heart attack.

jamj1974

Very glad to hear that makecoldplayhistory!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Very drunk (?) wife. When to go to Dr?’ is closed to new replies.