Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Very deserved public feedback – Jedi – UK Bike Skills
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ok, so where do I start?….

For a living I am a coach & trainer myself and therefore I know how difficult it is for someone to adapt themselves to the different types of people that are put in front of them and subsequently that left me feeling excited yet apprehensive about the day with Tony (and spending the money!).

No fear…

As the day progressed it was clear that Tony had picked up on the different learning styles of both myself & the guy I went with and was adapting how & when he coached in order for us achieve our own individual progression.

As the day passed I could tell that I was making excellent progress, not just because Tony was telling me, but because I was very quickly able to analyse my own mistakes and come up with a solution to correct it! A coaches dream!!

Three years ago I had a pretty serious accident on a mountain bike when a jump went badly wrong and the the outcome was a very badly smashed foot and a stint in hospital – in fact I was told by the Doc’s that “They would do their best to fix it but I was to prepare for the worst case scenario and this meant that amputation was a possible outcome”.

The good news is that I kept my foot – all be it with a half ton of titanium holding it together and no flexibility. The accident has meant that my wheels have been FIRMLY planted on the ground for the past two years (a year off the bike due to being in a cast and during rehab) and I never thought that I would ever have the ability to lift the wheels or have anything like the same control I had on the bike prior to the accident. WRONG!

In one day Tony has taught me practical skills that have not only given me back control of my bike in berms, flat corners, switchbacks & rock gardens, he has helped me to find a level of grip I never had before.

But here’s the biggy…… Tony has given me the mental skills and frame of mind to get my wheels off the ground again and after just the one day with him I am confident on flat drops, drops to transition, tabletops & GAP JUMPS! I can not believe it!!!!

This is probably the best day I have ever had on a mountain bike on so many levels and once I have practiced the learning from my day with Tony – I will be going back to see him again to progress to the next level (and then the next and the next, I think you get my point!).

If you are reading this is contemplation whether to book to go and see Tony, then just pick up the phone or email Tony and don’t hang around thinking “Is it worth it?”….because it is!!!!!!

Thank you Tony, you are a top coach and a great guy and I can’t wait to get back there and take it to the next level. Keep and eye out on your email as I’ll be sending you some top pics from the Alps in a few weeks time.

Thanks again buddy.

Kind Regards
    Leon

Link to blog

wwaswas

*hopes this doesn’t go the way of yesterdays Sierra Cycling thread*

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 i dont think anyone on here would suspect jedi of needing to set up an account to counteract negative reviews!

glad you had a good day dude!

weeksy

I was gutted he didn’t have a space for me and a mate for Morzine 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its a shame he doesnt work further up north … hint

Onzadog
    Free Member

No bad at that coaching lark is he, ay?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Its a shame he doesnt work further up north

Hertfordshire is North, well of civilisation! 😉

I’ve been Jedi’d too. Made a huge difference to my riding

Clobber
    Free Member

I don’t think I’d have enjoyed Coed y Brenin half as much without my session, I was much faster on the downs than friends who were previously quicker than me. The control and confidence of a few simple things makes a huge difference…

TOP BLOKE!

karen805
    Free Member

I’ve got my 2nd session with Tony in a month, 2 weeks before I head to the Alps!

I’m honestly looking forward to it as much as my holiday!

Moe

Hear hear! The enjoyment of being on two wheels is increased ten fold for having spent a day at Herts! The best investment in my riding ever!

mega
    Free Member

HIGH FIVE!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Rad! 😉

jedi

it makes me proud to read things like that 🙂
    thank you

ltheisinger
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    it makes me proud to read things like that
    thank you

You should be proud of what you do – changing my MTB’ing, will change my life – as it’s one of my favourite things in life and you’ve just made it better!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Roll on August can’t wait for my session, working on my fitness for my coaching session so I get the most out of the day (also doing wild Wales challenge ;)! ) O normally ride flats but just switched to spd’s again to overcome my mental issues with them so will be in two minds what pedals to use on my coaching session?

Onzadog
    Free Member

From my session, I learned the pedals,bike, shorts, colour, has nothing to it.

Next time I go, I’ll use flats just because It’s more likely to show up flaws in my technique that might need correcting.

ventanarider
    Free Member

I would love a session with tony but I can,t be bothered with waiting 3 or 4 months, hint for a cancellation opportunity

Onzadog
    Free Member

Couple of public days still have space last time I looked. Tempted by the jumps and drops before I go again in September.

jedi

the pedals you use make no difference really 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

the pedals you use make no difference really

Good to know, but until you do your Jedi mind trick on me I will be having my own personal little battle with my spds, already know what sections on tomorrows ride will cause these issues to crop up, so changing to flats again for tomorrows ride :$

jedi

personally, i love the freedom of flats 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

O like the freedom of flats yet I keep my heals down and pressure against the pedals on Rocky stuff and small jumps/lumps my feet still bounce off, hope your making a list Tony 😉 🙂

jedi

lol 🙂

spacemonkey

Cool post.

Me likey.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Very deserved public feedback – Jedi – UK Bike Skills’ is closed to new replies.