Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Vertigo
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Hi all,

So I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling very dizzy and a little sick. 3days later and it’s still as bad. Fine when I lie down, and feel very unbalanced when I walk and sit. Been to the doctors yesterday, all other signs were fine, blood pressure etc. Was told my ears are rammed with wax and this could be a cause, but I think it’s something else. Doesn’t feel like it will go away any time soon. Anyone else suffered from it? It’s horrible.

Cheers
    Colin

scotroutes

Bloody doctors, what do they know eh?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yes, It is horrible.

I’ve had it a few times and it passed in a couple of days.

stcolin
    Free Member

In her words ‘very likely to be a red herring’

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How did that get in there. Is there one in each or one jammed in the gap between your ears? Will they have to fish it out?

perchypanther
    Free Member

He may need a herring aid

maccruiskeen

Hold your ear closer to the screen so I can stick my finger in it

stcolin
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

Sold myself down the river there….

giant_scum
    Free Member

My working colleague suffers from Vertigo. He has to do something called epley moves to clear the problem. Could be worth a goggle! Good luck as it sounds horrible the way he describes it.

jam-bo

Viral labyrinthitis is possibly the most unpleasant 3-4 days I’ve ever had in my life. Like being really drunk and really seasick all at once. Got the nausea under control with some pills from the doc but after 24hrs or so they made me feel almost as bad.

stcolin
    Free Member

Thanks for those replies.

Today I’ve got a cold brewing, so perhaps I do have a virus knocking around somewhere.

doggycam
    Free Member

I had it, was off work for 3 months(work at height)
    Dr just prescribed anti biotics, then told me it might never go away!

Went to an ENT consultant who did the Epley manouvre to me. Instant cure. I really mean instant!

I couldn’t believe the Local GP never mentioned it to me.

maccruiskeen

Went to an ENT consultant who did the Epley manouvre to me

Does it involve sticking a finger in your ear?

shermer75
    Free Member

There are many different causes of vertigo but it is always worth trying the Epley Manoeuvre just in case it is BPPV (which is the most common cause anyway, and thankfully the easiest to fix). Best done by a health care practitioner to be certain of it working but it is possible to do it yourself if you fancy trying it- you have nothing to lose!

http://www.tampabayhearing.com/epley

Harry_the_Spider

Viral labyrinthitis

It isn’t pleasant at all. I had it about 15 years ago. The highlight of which was 10 minutes clinging to the railings outside Tesco because my body thought it was falling off the planet.

malgrey
    Free Member

If your ears are really “rammed with wax” this is at the very least likely to be a contributing factor.

I’m prone to wax build up, and if they do get bad, I can feel dizzy and unbalanced, especially when I stand up suddenly. I have in the past been to the docs simply because of this, yet had no cause found and getting ear drops has relieved it.

Otex Ear Drops have been a good answer for me, I do mine every few months now, and very rarely have a problem. Can’t see how it would do any harm to try them immediately, softening the wax. You may possibly need your ears syringed, I did the first time, though I think they do this less often now as the drops are better. A few days of regular drops may well make a difference.

If it is a more serious vertigo issue, you have my sympathy, a friend has suffered this on and off and its clearly not pleasant.

Fingers crossed for a quick solution.

fossy

A mate of mine has had vertigo issues for about 2 years – it’s stopped him riding as he has lost his balance all together – he’s gutted.

doggycam
    Free Member

Does it involve sticking a finger in your ear?

No. He explained it like moving a ball bearing (it was a we bit of ear, or something that was in the fluid in one of my ear canals)so he moves your head in a set order to manipulate the wee bit till it moves to the lowest part in the canal system.
    The bit would hit the “hairs” that control balance by sensing the fluid moving, making you feel dizzy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Vertigo’ is closed to new replies.