• This topic has 47 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Vertical bike storage…
  • spooky_b329

I hang our bikes in all directions, a mix of Formula and Hope brakes and they don’t seem to have an issue. If there is no air in the system I don’t see how there could be a problem.

IA

I tried this, but found it was much more secure to hang by passing the frame over the bracket so the bike was hanging off the head tube.

Interesting, I’d have thought by the fork would be better to stop the bars flapping about?

Cheers all, this is all helpful advice. Maybe I should’ve made the thread title a bit more generic, as there’s advice here that could help a lot of folk!

spooky_b329

Bike hung by fork leg, fork crown/stanchion, by head tube: (click to make bigger)

(risk of sliding off the bracket)

(secure and the bike is vertical so takes up least space, but didn’t like the idea of all that mud being ground into the stanchion – inevitably the bike would get knocked and it could scratch it nearer the seals)

(secure, being able to move the bars a little helps fit other bikes/wheels onto the bracket)

(the whole lot…as you can see I much prefer to just vacuum up the mud that drops off rather than clean each bike every time 🙂 )

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

IA

Spooky, excellent! Cheers for the illustrated guide to hanging bicycles 🙂

Surrounded by hills, liking your work, though I think road bikes maybe easier to store than large MTBs as they’re narrower bars (rather than a 23″ odd 29er with 760mm bars + bar ends)

tonyd

I have to say, good thread OP. It’s quite fascinating to see all the photos of kitchens and bedrooms full of racked bikes 🙂 I might have to point the missus to this thread next time she moans about too many bikes in the garage!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ve got a Topeak Two Up Tune Up with a 3rd mount. I also have a small child so one of them needs to go. I’m accepting offers….

IA

Whereabouts are you based?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Vertical bike storage…’ is closed to new replies.