Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vertical Bike Storage Options
  • ironside7000
    Free Member

Hope someone can help…..

Having a new man cave (sorry shed) built. It is only 2.8 m x 2.0m so I’m looking to improve how the four bikes are stored (2 x MTBs and 2 road bikes) as it has to store all the other crap we have (camping stuff, lawn mower etc.). MTB bars are 71cm and road bike 44cm (width approx).

Have seen these types of Tortec vertical wall hooks Tortec Hooks

Can anyone provide some measurements indicating how close you can (vertically) store the bikes together as I need to work out how much space I will have if I vertically store rather than on the floor?

Any pictures of similiar arrangements would be appreciated – or if you have any other novel storage arrangements.

Ta muchly

Stoner
    Free Member

I have the same hooks. In the old shed
    In the old one I mounted them at 45Degs to maximise the space in front of the bikes for working in.
    that’s 6 in I guess about 9′

and the new theyre mounted perpendicular to pack them in the width as I have plenty of space in front. that’s 5 in about 2.5m. alternate front/rear wheel hanging so bars dont clatter and you can fit them in tighter.

nbt

I just bought hooks from the DIY shop, in fact the last ones I bought were Bell bike storage hoops, £1 per pair from Asda. I have mine set roughly 35 cm apart, and they’re all set at the same level. I alternate the bikes hanging from front / back wheels, and the handlebars do get caught on saddles – if you can offset how high the hooks are it will help, if not then make sure they’re a little wider apart so that you have a bit of room

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    higthepig
    Free Member

I have 2 of the Veloman wall mounted bike racks:

Bike Racks

Thay are very sturdy and will last for years, have to take the wheels off some of the bikes and then turn the bars slightly using velcro straps, to get all the bikes on, (we have 9 at the moment from kiddies ones/shoppers, to FS). Wheels on a seperate hook, lawnmower rolls eaily underneath, you’d need a sturdy wall though!

ironside7000
    Free Member

Thanks all – very useful

@Stoner – Love your man cave – that’s proper nice 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vertical Bike Storage Options’ is closed to new replies.