Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Vertical bike holder for 29er
  • cookci
    Free Member

I have 2 of these at the moment for the road bike and 26er but my 29er doesn’t fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-BIKE-BICYCLE-CYCLE-WALL-MOUNTED-HOOK-HOLDER-STAND-HANGER-RACK-STORAGE-GARAGE-/400872956669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d55e3e2fd

does anybody know if they do a larger version please?

weeksy

Why doesn’t it fit fella ? I was planning on using some of these in a few weeks for 29ers ?

cookci
    Free Member

Its the size of the tyre against the size of the hook…. too much tyre

hooli

I use these for bigger tyres, no issues even with 2.4 tyres and cheap.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p70335

cookci
    Free Member

I’m not sure how those hooks would work in my garage. The roof is asbestos. The walls are cement though

hooli

They go into the wall with a wall plug or can hang from a joist too. how were you going to attach the others?

boriselbrus
    Free Member
    zinaru
    Free Member

i use an x-tool wall mount very similar to the op – even fits the 29+ knard.

robware
    Free Member

Can confirm those Mottez (boriselbrus’s Halfords link) are capable of taking a 2.4 29er as I’ve just build up a rack using them and one of the bikes is a 29er with 2.4 tyres on.

Bonus was they were £3.60 at my local hardware shop!

Only problem is the bike, stood up vertically, is nearly the same height as the garage…

Bigmantrials

I have exactly the ones you have posted the link to Cookci and my 29er with a 2.3 spesh butcher fits in ok, needs a wiggle but it does fit.

cookci
    Free Member

i couldn’t get a 26er with 2.2’s to fit either. the 29er was miles off fitting.

maybe if i grinded off the side bit that might help

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got that holder for my DH bike with big chunky rubber. You need to slide off the rubber sleeve that’s on the hook, hacksaw off a couple of CMs and then refit the rubber sleeve. Then you can fit big tyres in it.

cookci
    Free Member

Just to be clear that holder isnt the exact one i bought.. ive lost he link to the ones i got.

They do look almost identical though but perhaps i have a smaller version

I thought it was the same but obviously not

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Vertical bike holder for 29er’ is closed to new replies.