Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Verbier MTB Scene
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about it?

Thinking of doing a winter season & I was wondering what was going on MTB wise in the Summer.

singlespeedstu

There’s some awsum riding around the Verbier area if you know where to look. 😉

Trekster
    singlespeedstu

😥

*Missing our regular yearly trip to see Phil and Lucy.*

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I was going to be riding with P&L but couldn’t quite fit it in..

BUT maybe next year that might change!…. AH HA!!

Edit: stu – are you local? (in a league of gentleman stylee..)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m not sure would say there was a big MTB scene in the resort as such, it’s certainly not up to the standards of the resort in the winter. Bike Verbier are no longer based in the resort itself but in the valley below. You could contrast that with Chamonix which is even busier in the summer than winter. Likewise Morzine and Les Gets.

singlespeedstu

Bike Verbier are no longer based in the resort itself but in the valley below.

And TBF there’s a lot better riding in the surrounding areas than there is in the Verbier bowl. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think that answers the OP’s question really

singlespeedstu

Apart from the mighty Vallon Darby descent.
    Though that’s not in the Verbier bowl even though you have to go through it to get to the start.

Oh and the ultimate trail and nuthouse and jackass and vertigo.

Yeah but apart from those it’s shite.

Man i’m really missing not going this year. 😐

Trekster

Yeah.. Verbier is quiet in summer, at least itwas when I was there;

P8310047 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

P8290030 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

P9010119 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

P8300038 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

jambalaya
    Free Member

Verbier is great in the summer, IMO it doesn’t have much of an “MTB scene”

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a bike park which was attracting quite a few riders when we were there last summer.

The tracks are very challenging, mostly steep and technical singletrack.

The locals are very friendly and were happy to point us towards some of the best trails, but we did get the best riding when we hired a guide.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I am in Phil & Lucy’s chalet as I type…this place is phenomenal, the MTBingis great, the chalet gorgeous, food, company, riding are just awesome. I love it here would definitelycome backnext year and I have only been here 2 days…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Munge – what is the status of the lift system, are you relying purely on van uplifts ? Have you ridden in the main Verbier area yet ? I made an enquiry myself about a trip starting next week and at the time they had no bookings which made me nervous … mates went to Verbier a couple of years ago and couldn’t do Ultimate as only lifts for bike park were open.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Some lifts are open but most don’t open for a few weeks…yesterday we used lifts, today wasvan up lifts tomorrow is an epic xc loop. Main Verbier yesterday was ace even the main labelled blue (more like a red) run was great fun. There are 4 from my group and 3 others then yesterday an additional group of 5 bit no bookings for next week just think unlucky rather than anything to do with the lifts.

singlespeedstu

Munge – what is the status of the lift system, are you relying purely on van uplifts ? Have you ridden in the main Verbier area yet ? I made an enquiry myself about a trip starting next week and at the time they had no bookings which made me nervous … mates went to Verbier a couple of years ago and couldn’t do Ultimate as only lifts for bike park were open.POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #  REPORT-POST

there are no lifts that go to the top of the ultimate.
    it’ a hike a bike to the top.

*waves to p & l hope to see you next year*

wl
    Free Member

Riding in Verbier’s amazing but, like Singlespeedstu says, it’s even better in the surrounding areas Bike Verbier take guests to.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OMG what a fantastic holiday we have had…proper review thread to come when back.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Verbier MTB Scene’ is closed to new replies.