• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vent tiles – Niche STW DIY question!
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Bit of a niche STW question. I need to ventilate the bathroom through the loft – this is a moderate pain to do as the soffits are some way below the level of the loft floor. This has led me to vent tiles, not sure what I need though – I believe I have ‘plain tiles’ (these seem to be Marley 10.5 inch x 6.5 inch) rather than the interlocking type and I think they’ve been laid in an offset double lap pattern. My neighbour tells me they’ve been nailed every 3 or so rows. The loft itself has featherboards (it’s a 30’s house) rather than any felt. Pictures of what I believe the tiles to be (on the basis these were in a pile at the side of my house).

Can anyone point me in the correct direction of the required vent tile. There is one on screwfix but I think this is not the one I need as it’s for single lap interlocking tiles.

Thanks!

matt_outandabout

A good local builders merchant will tell you if you go in with that.

How confident/competent are you at removing a tile and inserting another? Having done a few as an amateur, I had some helpful roofers in my street show me a few tricks and tools to help,without having to remove whole set of tiles…

pocketrocket
    Free Member

They’re called Rosemary tiles. So search for a rosemary roof tile vent.
    Edit.
    Having just had a quick look on the web they are also known as plain tiles, so a search for that as well will give the right results.

Squirrel

Look here:
    https://www.marleyeternit.co.uk/Roofing/Fittings-And-Accessories/Dry-Fix-and-Ventilation/Universal-Plain-tile-vent.aspx
    BTW those are not Rosemary (which are clay) they are Marley plain concrete. Be aware that tile sizes may have changed since the 30’s so have a word with Marley.

Ewan
    Free Member

A good local builders merchant will tell you if you go in with that.

How confident/competent are you at removing a tile and inserting another? Having done a few as an amateur, I had some helpful roofers in my street show me a few tricks and tools to help,without having to remove whole set of tiles…

Yes, good idea. Just been to a roofing merchant who has sorted me out with the required tile.

My builder mate gave me some tips last night and I’ve watched some videos on youtube. What could go wrong?*

*Don’t answer that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vent tiles – Niche STW DIY question!’ is closed to new replies.