Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Venetian Blinds – recommend me a place to order them online?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I thought the ones from homebase would be ok, wrong, they are flimsy, poorly made, impossible to cut to size and the one I did finally manage to trim ok didn’t hang straight, the slats were hanging lopsided, yes my window reveals are straight and horizontal.

Anyway, we don’t have anywhere local that does them so I’ll need to order online, but I don’t want to get another flimsy made blind – the problem was the header and bottom rail were incredible thin steel and the fixing brackets were thin soft steel too that they bent when I installed the blind.

So anyone had any made to measure online and were happy with the quality of the materials? I’ve had a look online and plenty of companies do it but you just don’t know what the quality of the blinds will be like. The house has a blind that was put in by the previous owners and the quality is far superior to the ones I got from homebase and those I’ve looked at from B&Q.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

m0rk
    Free Member

I’ve always done well with 247 Blinds – just make sure your windows are square (sounds obvious…..)

Liftman

Another vote for 247

renton
    Free Member

I’ve used Wilson’s blinds and they seem good.

stumpy01

Used blinds2go a few times now and they’ve been spot on…

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

http://www.conceptblindsdirect.co.uk/?gclid=CLu1qYHrm8MCFaR02wodvggApQ

Used them a few times now, great quality and quick delivery.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

247blinds was one I looked at that seemed good as they had different widths to choose from and reasonable prices, the local DIY places only do 25mm and the ones from homebase don’t overlap very well, you can see a bit of a gap when closed. Will also check out the other places tomorrow. 🙂

bearnecessities

Blinds 2 Go have been very good for me. Recommended by a chap from here that used to be in the business.

There’s nothing flimsy about these! I’ve got the wooden pelmet cover 50mm variants and am very pleased with them (great colours too).

I could grumble about £7 postage, but I’d be a short-sighted arse if I did.

BigJohn

I’ve fitted a few 247 for customers who have been really happy

Nobby

We’ve had several different blinds from Blindsuk.net. Got an email Friday with a link to their ‘extra discount’ pages if your interested.. Valid today only, apparently.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Blinds2go here. Got some really nice blinds and not that expensive.

granny_ring

Looking at this too.

bruneep

bearnecessities – Member
    Blinds 2 Go have been very good for me. Recommended by a chap from here that used to be in the business.

That’l be me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Venetian Blinds – recommend me a place to order them online?’ is closed to new replies.