Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Veloviewer now charging
  • njee20
    Free Member

Not that much of a surprise I guess, and as something I look at occasionally out of idle curiosity can’t see I’ll pay, but shortly to be limited to your most recent 25 activities unless you buy a “Pro” subscription.

Anywhere else you can geek out on Strava data…?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

If you can’t see your entire history then there’s no real point for me. And its something I certainly wouldn’t pay for. Therefore I’m out.

njee20
    Free Member

That was exactly my thought, it doesn’t really add anything if it’s so restricted, particularly as a commuter, 25 activities is little more than 2 weeks history.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If I actually used it then £9.99 for a year wouldn’t really seem that bad.

AlexSimon

I look on it occasionally (once a month) so it’s now either completely useless or £10 a year.
    Strava itself has filled in some of the gaps I used to use VeloViewer for, so I don’t think it will be worth £10 to me personally.

stumpy01

I’ve never used it, but what do people use it for that isn’t worth 83 pence per month?
    Doesn’t seem like too much of an outlay?

jonba
    Free Member

I used it occasionally. Thing is what I used it for was mild curiosity not really something I would pay anything for. Would rather see the features integrated into strava.

HAving the list of rides with the various data was interesting and an easier way to find things than going through strava by month. I haven’t really found a good way to search back through rides on there.

I liked the overall number as a measure of performance but I can live without it as it rarely changed.

I liked the way it gave you updated on positions in segments if people beat you or new ones were created.

There are various bits of interesting geekery on http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com

I use the heat map a bit.

Haze

Another occasional user here, interesting for 5 minutes on a lunch break.

Not knocking his reasons/need to charge but can’t see myself paying to use it, even if it is only a tenner.

AlexSimon

Actually – because of this, I’ve spent a bit of time playing.

I liked the way it gave you updated on positions in segments if people beat you or new ones were created.

I didn’t know about this.

I also quite like that 100 Greatest Climbs thing (I’d like to see them on a map).
    Maybe I will pay up after all.
    Still looking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Veloviewer now charging’ is closed to new replies.