Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Velothon Wales 2017
  • ransos
    Free Member

Anyone else in? I’m starting at 7.29 in pen D.

Oh, and as I have failed to organise parking, I assume driving to the outskirts and riding into the city will be fine?

SaxonRider

I’m not in, but live here, and so have to suffer the city being cut in two all day. 😉

Where are you coming in from, ransos?

ransos
    Free Member

Bristol.

SaxonRider

I would take close look at the route map, and make sure that wherever you choose to park, you will not finish the race then find yourself unable to escape due to closed roads.

I think that this year, the velothon heads East of Cardiff, so this could well impact the Park & Ride to the east of the city, just off the A48(M).

hammyuk
    Free Member

Its heading up over the Varteg and causing major headaches as its cutting off two major routes.
    One of them means there is literally no way to get into Ebbw.

ransos
    Free Member

I would take close look at the route map, and make sure that wherever you choose to park, you will not finish the race then find yourself unable to escape due to closed roads.

Thanks. I’ve just checked and there’s still paid parking available at Cardiff City stadium, so I think I’ll go for that.

Ambrose

Mrs Ambrose starts from pen H at 8:14. Whatever that means.

Nipper99
    Free Member

One of them means there is literally no way to get into Ebbw.

There’s a positive in everything.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Not when you’re moving house it isn’t!

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Ransos see you in pen D, although my time was a guess (!) I’m on a silver orro

johnhighfield
    Free Member

We’re 7.29 Pen D too so we’ll see u there – 4 of us from Hitchin Nomads. Hopefully we can get our car in the Hotels small car park – but there was several ‘Park on my Drive’ type of places around the centre. 100 miles of closed roads & 1800m of climbing – should be ‘fun’………

ransos
    Free Member

Excellent! Me and about eight others will be in North Bristol Cycle Club tops – green and black. Come and say hi… I’m riding a black Mason.

milky1980
    Free Member

Good luck everyone!

Looks like you’ve got great weather for it, make sure you keep up your fluid intake 😀

mooman
    Free Member

Yep – we in.
    8.30 from Bassaleg

ransos
    Free Member

How did everyone get on? I really enjoyed the day – much less manic than Ride London and with a better standard of riding. Caerphilly Mountain was a trial coming so near to the end. I got through four bottles and was still dehydrated at the end!

molgrips
    Free Member

I had trouble getting through Caerphilly and a little more getting home through Lisvane on my way back from Garwnant.. 🙂

greyspoke
    Free Member

I ended up crossing the route four times on Sunday morning. People appeared to be having fun.

milky1980
    Free Member

The people I know who did it said it was good fun. Seemed to run smoothly from what I can gather.

Except for Team Wiggins: Team Bus Broken Into!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Velothon Wales 2017’ is closed to new replies.