Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Velocity Blunt or Flow EX or Other
  • letmetalktomark

A recent haze of indecision has lead me to need to ask this – like a whet tyre thread but even less interesting ….. 😡

I have a Rohloff hub that I keep meaning to get built up for use on a couple of bikes.

The plan was originally to swap out my Fortitude for a Longitude and have the Rohloff built into a Dually to match the front.

This isn’t looking like a reality at the moment due to ££, the Fortitude being a lovely ride and the fact that the Rohloff set up on the Longitude looks to be a right PITA.

Sooo

The clearance on the back of my Fortitude isn’t great and I currently run a 2.1 Prowler on a Flow (non EX) rim laced into an Alfine.

The other bike is my Skookum that should take a slightly wider tyre.

I would like to only need to build the Rohlfoff once and the reality of having a frame capable of taking a 29er+ in the rear anytime soon isn’t likely 🙁

The Flow EX seems a sensible option but the Blunt is a touch wider. Both can run tubeless (although I run tubes 😳 ), both are about the same price but importantly both could run a 3” tyre although granted not optimally.

So with you money what would you go with?

wwaswas

I have 26″ blunts on one bike – they do change the shape of the tyres you run so some care is needed to make sure you dont’ end up with a great mass of sidewall with a little tread on top. I’ve not run anything smaller than a 2.2″ Rubber Queen on mine so not sure how they’d be with narrower tyres.

chakaping
    Free Member

I would have recommended the Superstar DS25 rim – I’ve got a pair and they’re ace.

But I read on their FB that there’s a new wider version in the pipeline – so maybe wait for that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Velocity Blunt or Flow EX or Other’ is closed to new replies.