Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • "Vehicle Reversing, Vehicle Reversing, Vehicle Reversing" 7.57 rant
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

WHY!?

weeksy

BEcause it decreases the chance of running someone over ?

theboatman
    Free Member

7.57 MTFU!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cfinnimore
    Free Member

Not G(et)TFU 🙂

Well, I am now, so suppose i’ll find a bike to ride.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You’re right. inconsiderate twunt should have waited 3 minutes. 0800 hrs is far more reasonable on a Sunday.

Fancy a swap? I was woken up at 5am by the dog sneezing in my face.

Bregante

You’re right. Vehicles shouldnt be allowed to reverse before 9.00 on a Sunday.

transporter13
    Free Member

Move?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m moving in the New Year, hopefully to the woods.

Sarcasm Sunday? Since it’s STW i’ll take it you’re all being nice 8)

dribbling
    Free Member

Move?

Maybe that was the pickfords van.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

It was a lost delivery man.

We’re at the bottom of a Cul-De-Sac. With more cars than parking spaces. Really don’t want to take the wrong turn down here.

wwaswas

Would have been 8:57 on any other Sunday 🙂

Bregante

Still before my suggested no reversing curfew though.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

wwaswas Wonderful.

Flaperon

Give me “vehicle reversing” over the headache inducing squawking that modern vehicles make any day.

I’m still not sure what the reasoning is behind it other than an attempt to piss off people more than the old fashioned beeping.

bedmaker

I get up when I want, except at 7.57 on a Sunday wen I get ruuudely awakened by the dustman 🙂

zippykona

I now see a lorry who has a “vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep” warming while he sits at the lights.
    Imagine a queue of lorries turning in different directions.
    Bloody silly.

wwaswas

That left thing is a brilliant idea. Cyclist won’t try and nip up the inside 🙂

Other thing to do would be have whole side if trailer set up as a strip indicator light, I guess

porter_jamie

every sunday at 8.45 my neighbours take their darling kids off somewhere for about an hour, presumably to sunday school. this is always announced by 10 minutes of shouting and screaming, door slamming and running up and down the stairs (terraced house).

only this morning they did it at 7.45

they came back 10 minutes later.

khani
    Free Member

I now see a lorry who has a “vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep vehicle turning left beep” warming while he sits at the lights.
    Imagine a queue of lorries turning in different directions.
    Bloody silly.

This is aimed at nobbers who pedal up the inside of wagons waiting to turn left with their indicators on…
    Which happens a lot..Which IS bloody silly,
    most of the beepers and bleepers on vans and lorries are there cos some blind/deaf twonk has walked behind/in front/up the inside of a moving vehicle and been squished….these things are expensive and operators wouldn’t fit em for fun..
    [20yrs HGV driver]
    Edit..you can normally switch em off though..

zokes
    Free Member

That left thing is a brilliant idea. Cyclist won’t try and nip up the inside

Perhaps best that those daft enough do – Darwinism ‘n’ all….

dribbling
    Free Member

Perhaps best that those daft enough do – Darwinism ‘n’ all….

Normally would agree, but I quite like the idea – it only takes one inexperienced cyclist/kid out by themselves for the first time on the road /genuine lapse of concentration…

khani
    Free Member

Darwin doesn’t have to scrape up the aftermath…

zokes
    Free Member

On the plus side, they won’t do it again…

khani
    Free Member

No…44tons normally sorts em out…

cbike
    Free Member

If you engage reverse twice in quick succession it may mute.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Darwin doesn’t have to scrape up the aftermath

no, but sadly my team did recently.

http://road.cc/content/news/47187-female-cyclist-killed-cement-lorry-oxford

I’m still not sure what the reasoning is behind it other than an attempt to piss off people more than the old fashioned beeping

to make the danger explicit and identify it above all the car and house alarms, mobiles, and other digital noise chatter?

molgrips
    Free Member

The old beep beep was a very standard tone and I’m sure everyone knew what it was. The anouncement is ok but it can be pretty hard to hear, it doesn’t stand out well at all.

“This vehicle is reversing” is bad, but “This securicor vehicle is reversing” is worse. And if you live in Wales you get bilingual anouncements. I wonder what happens if you drive to England? It should be linked to the satnav so it turns off the Welsh bit if you are over the border. The English don’t seem to like other languages 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘"Vehicle Reversing, Vehicle Reversing, Vehicle Reversing" 7.57 rant’ is closed to new replies.