Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vehicle Ownerhsip Details Request
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

Anyone able to tell me one piece of info about the registered keeper of silver Ford Fiesta GY03 UFL?

I’d just like to know whether the registered keeper is male, female, or a company? Surely no major breach of the data protection act?

I think someone is trying to sell my mother a dodgy car, it HPI checks out OK, but the V5 is absent. Got my Jim Rockford head on today.

wwaswas

if you’re not happy then walk away or wait until a V5 turns up.

doesn’t HPI tell you registered keeper?

dooosuk
    Free Member

What do you mean by dodgy?

A V5 isn’t proof of ownership so isn’t required for a sale. You can just apply for a new one without any major hassle. Just make sure it isn’t stolen before you hand over your money.

There must be plenty of silver Fiesta’s though. If you’re not sure, just move on.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

No, HPI doesn’t divulge current keeper, not do they spot the odd period in the cars life in-between yearly MOTs where the mileage only changes by about 1000 miles! HPI isn’t the last word by any means, although I do use them.

I could wait for the V5, or I could walk away, but I dislike being lied to intensely, have a hatred of the criminal scum of our country, and intend to take the liar down first before I walk away.

When I phone a seller who claims to be ‘private’, I expect them to be so. After travelling for an hour to view the car, I don’t expect to be fed some cock & bull story regarding missing V5’s, selling for friends mother, etc.

And being older and wiser, thought I’d do things by the book. I think a small claims court action for expenses should wisen the joker up?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You can just apply for a new one without any major hassle.

The DVLA say not to buy privately without a complete V5. HPI won’t cover you without the V5 issue number and issue date.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vehicle Ownerhsip Details Request’ is closed to new replies.