Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Vehicle driving sterotypes – who is most dangerous?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

IMO “bad” drivers aren’t really defined by their demographics, the vehicle they drive or the stereotypes you might apply

No shit.

Literally the first words of this thread:

tjagain – Member
    Only a bit of fun

Andy-R

maxtorque – Member
    The safest is definitely any Saab. Never, in the history of the world, have the words “ooh, look at that maniac in that Saab” ever been uttered!

I used to do some work for an old (late 80’s) guy who drove a Saab 900 Turbo. He was fairly maniacal, to be honest.

warpcow
    Free Member

Volvo drivers, which is about 80% of Swedes. If I had to narrow it down, I’d say older, gold-coloured S80s (old men) , and XC60s (younger women).

Thank the Lord for us SAAB drivers 😀

Gary_C

‘Innit bruv’ types in Audi’s & BMW’s.

retro83
    Free Member

Middle aged women in expensive cars. Big mercs, Audi’s etc. I’m not sure if they’re being aggressive or just totally unaware that their two tonne ego mobile requires more than 5 mm stopping distance.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

According to John Peel, anyone wearing a hat.

singletrackmind

1 Tipper Lorries , any payload from Transit upwards
    2. Men who dig holes in the road , frequently stoned at the wheel
    3. Chavsda , Tesco, Sinsbury delivery vans
    4. Busses. All driven by tossers.
    5. Taxis
    6. Any car with a personalised plate. You are not betterer than I.
    7. Those pretty 30 somethings in 4×4’s. Glued to phone, always pretty.

aracer
    Free Member

Having been out on the road today for the first time in ages, then

1) middle aged women in black cars

that’s is, everybody else was lovely – I can’t believe it was all down to having my son on the back of the tandem as I doubt it was that obvious from behind, but 90%+ of drivers seemed to give a lot more room than I’m used to getting, I wonder if the WMP passing distance initiative is having a real effect (I’m not in their area, but not far away).

Said women though – the very first part of our ride is down a very short DC, and the first one thought it reasonable to overtake us without moving out of the left lane (because there was something passing her on the right), the second one I’m sure would have squeezed us at a width restriction, but I saw her coming and moved to the middle of the gap.

rickon
    Free Member

Any Honda Jazz will be driven by a pensioner, and it will never exceed 40mph.

Haaaaa.

They’re not happy to go over 40mph in a national zone, but they’re happy to do 40mph past a school in a 20mph zone.

People driving to work from 7am-9am Audis, BMWs, Golf GTIs on the way to work from Peebles to Edinburgh. The amount of morons overtaking on blind corners and crests is insane. There’s been a few fatalities, but still people drive like idiots. I’m often tailgated doing 60mph.

belugabob
    Free Member

Just lately, in this globalised, multi-cultural, equal opportunities society in which we live, it would appear that no sub-section of humanity has exclusive rights to cockwomblery, whilst at the wheel of a vehicle.

I would, however, concur with the comment about hats. With the possible exception of wearing a wooly hat when it’s cold, wearing a hat whilst driving raises doubts about the logical thought processes of the wearer.

smiffy

Anyone with fog lights on in the rain/snow/sunshine is worth a wide birth.
    Passat/Avensis/520d middle managers.
    Anyone wearing any kind of hat.

About the Jazz not going over 4mph, they also rarely go below 40mph, even in Tescos carpark.

mt
    Free Member

Had me first proper crash in a SAAB 900 turbo in the late 70’s. I was luck I nearly end up on main railway line, I never did thank that lamp post.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Portly retired gents in Mercedes.

senorj

Sadly , I think about this a lot . I count the types who try to kill me the most.
    Orthodox Jews*are deadly around my area,as bad as scaffold trucks!
    60/40femalemale in stupid big faux by fours!
    White chavs in corsas.
    Postmen can be sh@ts.
    I often wave to thank anyone (especially trucks & taxis)who gives me plenty of room.
    (Honest to goodness ,not trolling or being rascist.)

oreetmon
    Free Member

[*]Round these parts (bolton) its fully loaded Pakistani oops,,,sorry,,,,ASIAN minibus drivers with faulty break lights.
    Sorry if that comes across a racist but it’s true

seadog101

AS I don’t cycle in towns much, and what I do on the roads is the little bits of country road between the tracks and BW’s. There’s not much I can tell between almost any of the drivers, they nearly all seem too damn busy and in a rush to wait until it’s actually safe to pass clearly.

But trucks are the worst, too close, always, and never any hint of speed reduction judging by the engine note. If there’s the space to pull off before they get to me, gate, wide verge etc, I do.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Vehicle driving sterotypes – who is most dangerous?’ is closed to new replies.