Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • Vegetarianist nonsense
  • TooTall
    Free Member

How much fish can we sustainably catch or farm?

Depends how we catch or fish. Aquaponics can get some very high densities of crop / fish if done correctly.

Your mind is all over the place like a mad womans poo, isn’t it?

molgrips
    Free Member

It certainly is. Anywhere but on my work.

piemonster

Rofl lol and various other things to express my amusement

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😆

*Makes mental note to engineer that into a conversation at work next week

nostoc
    Free Member

According to wikipedia, wheat has a higher protein content than soybeans. Yes, it is more complicated than that, but wheat is good stuff.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

According to wikipedia…

Has about as much authority as ‘My mate Dave says…’

Might be correct in this instance, but just for general future reference. 😉

aracer
    Free Member

According to wikipedia…
    Has about as much authority as ‘My mate Dave says…’

Not true. The vast majority of wikipedia is very accurate, and it’s usually possible to check out the references on the well written pages. It only tends to be biography stuff which gets a bit rubbish – I can’t see why anybody would write dodgy stuff about the protein content of wheat.

If you don’t object to eating dead animals, then I think it’s important to make best use of them – I do try to eat different cuts such as shin and neck, as well as offal – faggots and liver are particular favourites.

Horsemeat?

Personally I love offal, but I can understand why lots of people don’t.

nostoc
    Free Member

I wasn`t too bothered about the authority because simple % protein contents are misleading nutritionally anyway. My point is that wheat is a good protein source, particularly when combined with legumes, green leaves, and/or meat.

piemonster

This fella seems to get by

http://scottjurek.com/

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

United States record for 24-hour distance on all surfaces (165.7 Miles/266.01 Kilometers)
    Won the Spartathlon 152-mile (245km) race from Athens to Sparta, Greece three consecutive times (2006-2008)
    Won the Hardrock Hundred Mile Endurance Run, and held the record time for one year until Kyle Skaggs set a new record in 2008
    Won the Western States Endurance Run seven consecutive times (1999-2005), and held the record time (15:36:27 in 2004) until 2010
    Won the Badwater Ultramarathon twice (2005, 2006), and held the course record for two years (2005)
    Finished first three times (2002-2004) and second three times (2001, 2005, 2006) in the Miwok 100K Trail Race
    Won the Leona Divide 50 Mile Run four times (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004)
    Won the Diez Vista 50K Trail Run twice (2000, 2003)
    Won the montrail Ultra Cup series twice (2000, 2003)
    Selected as UltraRunning Magazine’s North American Male Ultrarunner of the Year in 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2007
    PERSONAL BESTS

100 Mile Trail: 15:36, Western States Endurance Run 2004
    100K Road: 7:28, GNC 100K 2001
    50 Mile Trail: 6:21, Ice Age 50 Mile 1999
    50 Mile Road: 5:50, GNC 2001
    50K Trail: 3:04, Bendistillery 50K 1999
    26.2 Mile Road Marathon: 2:38, Austin Marathon 2006

Cougar

Just caught up on this. Couple of replies,

I’ve learnt something though, as I’d never have considered the seperate tongs at the BBQ thing. So that will be noted for future reference.

That’s really good, and appreciated. Personally, as a veggie, I really don’t want my food covered in animal fat.

What I want to know us why is there no meat option at a vegetarian restaurant!

Because meat eaters aren’t carnivores, they’re omnivores.

Personally, I’ve no problem with balance. I’d welcome a veggie menu that said “meat option available on request” at the bottom.

I mean you go to any other restaurant then they cater for veggies!

Sadly, that’s not always true. As a recent example, I was on a training course today where all week the main meal options were two beef dishes. I asked about veggie options and was told “chips or a jacket potato”.

Here is a BIG figure from the USA:

Field corn (blah blah)

On a point of note here is the US corn thing is atypical and artificial. Farmers are encouraged to grow a disproportionately large amount of corn for economic reasons.

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarianist nonsense’ is closed to new replies.