Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 210 total)
  • Vegetarianist nonsense
  • Solo
    Free Member

Wasn’t that one was 4 squares long?

Battle ship with 3 direct hits isn’t going to float, no matter how much bacon and special K you’ve had for breakfast. FACT

bigblackshed

Mmmmmm…… Bacon. Everything tastes better with bacon.

piemonster

Transport would be a good one, you could ride them

image by piemonster, on Flickr

💡

piemonster

Hmmm bacon, I love bacon.

(And I don’t eat meat)

smell_it
    Free Member

I always find it quite perplexing how some of my fellow meat eaters get so angry and defensive about people that don’t.

Solo
    Free Member

edit: and would have sunk ages ago if it was in that many disparate sections.

Ah, ha ! and my funny fellow, you’d have got me there, if I didn’t now invoke the STW Molgrips forum law of fairness and queueing.

In which case, a modular hull’d battle ship capable of being in more than one position at once is indeed the future and will superceed 29″ wheeled bikes, by next week.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

Then fella, its your lucky day. As a little bird tells me that Bacon loves you too !

Solo
    Free Member

get so angry and defensive about people that don’t.

So we might as well eat them too !

robdixon
    Free Member

where is all the natural fertiliser for crops to feed vegetarians going to come from without animals?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Have you stopped to consider how plants must feel? How would you like it if one day, while happily at one with the earth, roots nutured by the soil, leaves warmed by the sunlight, you were hacked off at the roots, tossed into a hopper, had your leaves torn off, skin abraded, and you were chopped into bits before your bleeding sap body was boiled alive? At least the animals get the chance to peck, or bite, or kick, or run away.

Plants have feelings too…

crankboy
    Free Member

Hmmm NOTbacon, I love NOTbacon.

piemonster

where is all the natural fertiliser for crops to feed vegetarians going to come from without animals?

Shhhhhh…….

andytherocketeer

Meat is just processed vegetation anyway 😉

(Actually, why isn’t that point on the battleships chart?)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Shut up…
    Your making me hungry. 😀

aracer
    Free Member

2/5

loum
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member

When I was a veggie I farted less and it smelt better too!

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #

Apparently, the vegetarian diet can’t supply the right nutrients to maintain a working sense of smell. 😉
    Except for the ones who eat fish.

bencooper
    Free Member

Have you tried seitan? Quite unnervingly realistic.

Solo
    Free Member

you were hacked off at the roots, tossed into a hopper, had your leaves torn off, skin abraded, and you were chopped into bits before your bleeding sap body was boiled alive?

Oh, the horror of it ! Won’t anyone think of the children ?

unnervingly realistic.
    I suspect therein lays the problem.
    😉

*surprized the old animals made of meat joke, hasn’t been posted yet*

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Do get just a bit frustrated with the “I’m vegetarian, but I eat fish and chicken” brigade.

Or hard line veggies clad in leather.

Was told it was ok to wear it by one woman years ago because it was a byproduct and the cow had not been killed for the leather. She was a bit flummoxed when I asked if using by-products was ok then surely she would be ok to eat mink?

Solo
    Free Member

Do get just a bit frustrated

Don’t, its not worth it. Live and let live.

I am Human, I eat meat, its what Humans do.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

My girlfriend’s vegetarian so I eat mostly vegetarian stuff. Frankly it’s great, and it made me realise that meat just becomes a habit. We eat meat because, well, we eat meat. It’s not really necessary, certainly not in the quantities we eat it.

And then I stop and think about all the vast negatives of the meat industry, and the environmental and moral harm it does, and I think it’s bloody obvious that we should eat a lot less of it. And then I think about the disgusting way most meat products are produced, and I watch cans of carcinogen-contaminated horsemeat-filled products pulled out of supermarkets, and I look at the great stuff we cook at home without using all that shit, and I REALLY am glad I eat much less of it.

Some of the arguments on this thread are so daft that I hope people are trolling, but I’ve heard them enough times from non-trolls not to be convinced.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

By the way, I also have the best BMI of my life (BMI ~20 at 37 years old) and I’ve never been faster on my bike, albeit that latter point probably isn’t saying much.

Solo
    Free Member

It’s not really necessary
    😆

EDIT:
    I also have the best BMI of my life

So, firstly, Doctor ormondroyd tells me meat isn’t necessary, then I’m told this is something to do with BMI ?
    This is the best rubbish on STW today, so far.

nickjb
    Free Member

think about all the vast negatives of the meat industry, and the environmental and moral harm it does, and I think it’s bloody obvious that we should eat a lot less of it.

You could say exactly the same thing about wheat, coffee, sugar, etc, though. Probably more a sign of overpopulation and the attitudes of commercial food producers in general

dazh

After being a stereotypical holier than thou vegan when I was young (who isn’t holier than thou at the age of 20?) I’m largely of the ‘couldn’t give a sh*t what other people eat’ opinion these days. I tend to find meat-eaters are much more bothered about what I/other veggies/vegans eat than I am about them, and this thread would appear to support that.

However, if there’s one thing I still can’t stand, it’s when the ill-informed idiots question the wisdom of bringing our kids up vegan.

bencooper
    Free Member

You could say exactly the same thing about wheat, coffee, sugar, etc, though.

Not really – the problem with meat is it’s very inefficient, most of the food that goes in the front of the animal comes out the other end, only a small proportion gets turned into meat.

gonefishin
    Free Member

and I watch cans of carcinogen-contaminated horsemeat-filled products pulled out of supermarkets

Carcinogen? What carcinogens would they be? The products containing horsemeat were pulled becuase the labelling was incorrect, not becuase of any danger to the public.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Solo – Member
    Do get just a bit frustrated
    Don’t, its not worth it. Live and let live.
    I am Human, I eat meat, its what Humans do.

I don’t.
    I’m a veggie of 32 years.
    I think I should be cross with them, even if it’s just to maintain some feeling of self worth.
    Agree – live and let live (especially the fluffy animals 😉 😀 )

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

“If God didn’t want us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat”

Awesome. Homer Simpson I think.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@dazh – yep, had that for 15 years so far.
    Was told we would have small, undernourished babies – both 9lb 10oz monsters
    Too many myths and misinformation, but hey ours seem to be doing ok.

McHamish
    Free Member

Who cares? Steak good, bacon good…meat good (except liver, don’t like liver).

Many vegetables are also tasty in their own non-meaty way.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

This is the best rubbish on STW today, so far.

Its early days yet, I’m sure there’s more to come..

rusty90
    Free Member

the problem with meat is it’s very inefficient, most of the food that goes in the front of the animal comes out the other end, only a small proportion gets turned into meat.

You could see that as a sign of efficiency, rather than the other way round. Grass gets processed to remove sugar which builds muscle mass for us to eat and the rest is returned to the ground to make more grass. I can see the process taking place right now from my office window 🙂
    And certainly as far as upland sheep farming goes, it’s about the most efficient way to produce food from poor quality land. There’d certainly be no point trying to grow maize or soya on my land, but it produces excellent lamb!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Apparently, the vegetarian diet can’t supply the right nutrients to maintain a working sense of smell.
    Except for the ones who eat fish.

Vegetarian: People who don’t eat MEAT.

Meat: The flesh of ANIMALS

ANIMAL: a living organism which feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli. Examples: Birds, mammals, fish, insects.

No vegetarians eat fish. There might be some people that eat fish that call themselves vegetarians, but they aren’t called vegetarians, they’re called idiots.

Lifer
    Free Member

dazh – Member
    I tend to find meat-eaters are much more bothered about what I/other veggies/vegans eat than I am about them, and this thread would appear to support that.

Some people need to point out the differences between their majority group and ‘the other’ to make themselves feel superior/like they belong to something.

(Got myself a 250lb line to make sure I land some)

Solo
    Free Member

Its early days yet, I’m sure there’s more to come..

Bank on it !
    😆

McHamish
    Free Member

Who cares?

This looks and probably tastes gooooood….

McHamish
    Free Member

My mouth’s watering now after looking through pictures of ribs to find a suitable one.

I think I’ll have a pulled pork burrito for lunch.

nick1962
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned bees and vegans yet or would that be a red herring?
    🙂

piemonster

No, go ahead with bees and vegans

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarianist nonsense’ is closed to new replies.