Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Vee Rubber Trax Fatty 29+ Tyre??
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

I can’t seem to find anyone selling this in the UK, but there seems to be an abundance of it in the US. On that matter I can’t seem to find any of the good Vee Rubber Tyres (as in the 5″ ones) anywhere in the UK. What on earth is going on? Anyone got any idea?

tazzymtb

Very limited stock of niche products and the states can sell its entire supply into its home market, so why mess around with little stuff like the uk, when you are already at capacity.

much the same with any fat tires or 29+ stuff. the UK is not seen as a big market for it and distributors struggle like crazy to get anything over here for us

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Hopefully in the UK around the end of November, so I’m told.

crocodilian
    Free Member

The Maxxis Chronicles are available in December time here too. I’ve ordered a pair from Charlie the Bikemonger.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Chronicles don’t look like a good mud option though!

Paceman
    Free Member

I’m waiting on the 29+ Surly Dirt Wizards for my Krampus but there’s still no definite ETA 👿

Ordered a pair of 2.4″ One-One Chunky Monkeys to use in the meantime, only £20 each and they should at least come up pretty big on my 50mm rims.

BillOddie

Paceman, I’m having a similar quandry…

Chronicles look like a better all rounder than Knards.

Dirt Wizards look good but i bet they won’t roll fast.

I have a Karate Monkey too that i can ride when it’s really muddy, so I will probably just get Chronicles…

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve been running 120tpi Surly Knards over the summer and they’ve been fantastic. Dirt Wizards will be the perfect winter alternative for me I think when they finally arrive; I agree they’ll be slower rolling but I tend to ride slower anyway in the mud and would rather have the grip they’ll offer round our local trails which are mainly techy narrow singletrack.

I’ve got a Maxxis Chronicle on pre-order from Singular Sam which i’m going to try out. It doesn’t look like a true winter tyre to me though.

Although they’re not true 29+ tyres the Chunky Monkeys do come up very big on wide rims. They’ll do me for now.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone got a picture of a Chunky Monkey on a Dually or Rabbit Hole?

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ll post a photo when they arrive and i’ve mounted them on the Rabbit Holes.

Paceman
    Free Member

As promised; a 2.4″ On-One Chunky Monkey tyre next to a 3″ Surly Knard tyre both mounted on Surly Rabbit Hole rims…

darkcyan
    Free Member

Get ready for plenty of grip!!!!

stevemorg2

I’m going to put Chunky Monkeys or Ardents on the Duallies when I build up my Rooster for now – I don’t want to spend £130 on tyres until I know what works

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers Paceman, I’d be interested to hear how you get on with them. stevemorg I’m thinking that too, the Chronicles seem like a good bet but I reckon I might try the CM’s as well.

Paceman
    Free Member

There’s no certain date of arrival for the Maxxis Chronicles either 👿

Paceman
    Free Member

The Bontrager Chupacabra 29+ tyres are now on the Trek Store website, hopefully hitting these shores soon; they look like the mud-option we need 😀

Bonty 29+ Tyre

ska-49
    Free Member

Expensive! £75 at current exchange rate. We’ll invariably end up paying closer to £100.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Trek UK were unaware of even the existence of this tyre never mind getting any. I emailed them and had to provide links to it to explain what I was asking about. This was within the last month.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

FWIW, panaracer also have a tyre in development but this is even more elusive than the dirt wizard.

SidewaysTim

We have Chronicle’s and Mammoths due to arrive any day.

Paceman
    Free Member

Let us know on here when they’re in please Tim 😀

Sam

Chronicles (non-EXO version) and Mammoth (EXO version) both now landed, both £60 a tyre. Bit more info on my FB page, going up in the web store this afternoon.

Paceman
    Free Member

Maxxis Chronicle & Surly Knard compared, Surly Rabbit Hole rims at 15psi…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Knard (77mm across) and Chronicle (74mm) on Northpaw rims

Knard rounded

Chronicle flatter

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Vee Rubber Trax Fatty 29+ Tyre??’ is closed to new replies.