Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Vectra Estate OR Mondeo Estate
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I have a 54 plate Mondeo TDCi (130) and can’t fault it.

122,000 miles on it now and its hardly put a foot wrong.

Did drive a few Vectra’s too and they were absolutely pants to drive. No feedback at all from the steering, although it did handle well but that was when you built up confidence in it rather then it inspiring you with confidence, like the fords do. Think Vectra, think Vague.

Pay a bit more and get the Mondeo.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Germanic qualities,or perceived qualities? I have no brand loyalty.The Mondeo takes a lot of beating,economical diesels,decent to drive,relatively cheap parts.
    The Honda Accord Tourer(estate) is a fine,cavernous,deadly reliable motor,but more expensive than Ford/vauxhalls.
    Having said all that,you have to be unlucky to drop on a bad motor by any manufacturer these days.

TimK

Mondeo ST220 estate, end of thread 🙂

bruk

Mondeo or poss even a Focus estate.

I have a large black hearse/vectra with a vauxhall badge on the front and would love to swap it for something with the steering wheel attached to the wheels and more than 2 asthmatic donkeys under the bonnet!

Having said that it has been pretty reliable over 70,000 miles with just alternator replaced (ouch!) and normal wear and tear. It is pretty comfy and will swallow loads of rubbish.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Craggyjim – Member

I like my Accord diesel Tourer which is another huge car. No-one seems to mention them as an option. I can fit 2 large bikes in the back with the wheels off and the boot cover in place without dropping the seats. Plus you get the remote open/close boot lid for when you are feeling truly lazy. Very reliable too.

Do you have any pics of the booth with the rear seats folded by any chance?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Vectra Estate OR Mondeo Estate’ is closed to new replies.