Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Vector or Bepro pedals?
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

Anyone got good /bad experiences of either vectors or Bepro pedals?

Bepro cheaper 625 vs vectors at 759. Vectors have better battery life and don’t have to remember to recharge them, but they have those pod things hanging down, don’t know if that’s a disadvantage though.

Is the extra Garmin cycling dynamics data that the vectors can provide any use?

speedstar

Well at that price I have found the vectors give me interesting feedback. Not hugely useful in some ways but interesting stats to enlighten. For example I am pushing laterally on my right foot on the downstroke. Don’t know why but interesting to know in case I developed a chronic injury for example. Not essential though.

gray

I’ve recently got the BePROs. I’ve been running them simultaneously with a Powertap hub to get an idea of how consistent they are. So far I think that they’re excellent. I chose them over the Vectors mainly because the Vectors have a bit of a reputation for producing inconsistent data. I imagine that the number of Vectors out there is orders of magnitude higher than BePROs though, so I have no idea of the relative dappyness rates. Not a big fan of the pods either, though I think that I could live with it. The BePROs are supposed to give you a message on your Garmin to tell you when the battery is running low. So far I have charged pre-emptively though, so haven’t tested. The bulky bit on the BePROs was too close to my shoe, so I trimmed the shoe sole slightly to give clearance. I also now have some 2 mm cleat shims which will give loads of clearance. Could be an issue though if you have loads of shoes / like to wear very fat overshoes I guess.

I’ve stopped looking even at the pedal smoothness, torque efficiency metrics already. I barely even look at the power balance. That stuff stops being interesting pretty quickly if it doesn’t give you anything that you are going to act on. I imagine the same might be true for the pedalling dynamics bits.

Garry_Lager

I got the bepros recently (single sided) and v happy with them – easy to set-up, power seems reliable. Not really thought about battery life as an issue – they seems to last weeks so it’s not like a laptop or a phone, say, where it’s a critical parameter. Basically there seemed to be a strong concensus on the web that it’s a good, reliable product – researching it didn’t turn up many negative experiences.
    It’s a look cleat only AFAIK – I think the vectors have some more options. I’m not much of a roadie, so am not arsed, but I can see how proper roadmen might have strong opinions on what cleat they want to use.

They do give me quite different readings inside and out, but I think this is a common phenomenon and not down to any particular power meter. It’s such a different form of riding.
    The power I can sustain on a 10 min, eyeballs-out interval on the turbo is easier to hit outside on the road up a hill. Feels like the difference between being at the top of the threshold band and the bottom, roughly speaking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Vector or Bepro pedals?’ is closed to new replies.